Breva front wheel spindle removal

What size Allen key do I need to remove the front wheel spindle on my Breva 750? It looks much bigger than anything in my tool kit. Once I get it out I suppose then it is just a matter of removing the pinch bolt? Thanks!

If you do need something like that then car sump plug tools can do the job and a socket usually fits the other end.

1 Like

H14. They’re readily available online if you’re not in a hurry for it. I ended up buying a set from Halfords because I was in a hurry and it cost me a good few bob.
Slacken off the pinch bolt first.

If that’s allen 14, then well equipped Yamaha XT660 owner will come to help, same thing there. Well, at least 660Z model, not sure if they share same front end.

Well that seems unanimous, it must be a 14mm, my biggest is 12mm, looks like a small purchase is needed. Thanks for the replies!

Are you anywhere near Peterborough?

No, miles away in Ross on Wye!

Well, I went there to pick up my dog but I suppose it is a bit far to drop off a socket. :joy:
It would be a nice ride though.

Use a 14mm AF bolt and two nuts locked together.

1 Like