Breva Service Warning

Looking for suggestion to rectify this problem.
I have a Breva 1100 2007. After riding for around 10 miles the Service Warning flashes up on the dash read out. I put in the service code 36421. It is accepted & the service warning is cancelled.
After a 10 mile or so ride the warning flashes up again.
So I took it to MotoCorsa and paid £475 for a service. Ouch, that is more than my car service costs. Everything was reset and guess what after around 10 miles the warning came back on.
MotoCorsa thinks it could be a faulty o2 sensor. Don’t see how that would kick in a service warning - so do any of you experts out there have any sensible suggestions as to what is the cause?
Thanks
Micro.

OK, when you go into the diagnostics menu, what error code is stored? If the light is coming on then an error code will also be there, surprised the dealer hadn’t checked that.If the ECU thinks the O2 sensor is faulty it should display an error code.You don’t have one of those O2 optimisers fitted do you?

Brian
Yes I do have one of those plug in electronic gizmos supplied by Triggers from this forum.
What puzzles me is why an O2 sensor would suggest to the bike brain that it needs a service?
There were no error codes in diagnostics. I looked as did the workshop engineer.

[QUOTE=micro] Looking for suggestion to rectify this problem.
I have a Breva 1100 2007. After riding for around 10 miles the Service Warning flashes up on the dash read out. I put in the service code 36421. It is accepted & the service warning is cancelled.
After a 10 mile or so ride the warning flashes up again.
So I took it to MotoCorsa and paid £475 for a service. Ouch, that is more than my car service costs. Everything was reset and guess what after around 10 miles the warning came back on.
MotoCorsa thinks it could be a faulty o2 sensor. Don’t see how that would kick in a service warning - so do any of you experts out there have any sensible suggestions as to what is the cause?
Thanks
Micro.[/QUOTE]

check what code is stored in memory,

you get service warnings for all sorts of things, but you need to look at the stored memory to asses what may be wrong, do you have to input the code to clear, or will simply switching off waiting 10 seconds and then switching back on clear the fault?

The optimizer is cheating the O2 sensor so that more fuel is injected, the ECU may interpret this as dirty air filter for example. I’m just guessing. How long has the optimzer been fitted?

When the SERVICE warning comes on the bash it does not mean the bike needs a service, that is the spanner icon, what it means is there is a vault with the bike, as you have a compensator fitted this will be giving the vault as the ECU thinks the OS sensor is faulty.

Micro,
Take off the gizmo, and if the warning no longer comes on, it’s the gizmo being rejected by the computer. If the warning still comes on it’s the O2 sensor, or a bad connection somewhere, or?

These gizmos are notorious for bringing up fault warnings, usually suggesting that the O2 sensor is faulty.
You have a few choices, either leave it as it is and ignore the service warning, remove it or get it tweaked by the maker to stop it triggering the service light.Brian UK2013-09-19 10:03:25

A revised gizmo has been supplied in super fast time by the supplier.
It has been fitted and will take the bike for a ride to check out if it has been corrected.
Thanks Dave for the upgrade.

Just been studying this very subject. With an adjustable O2 widget the warning light can come on if the gadget is adjusted too rich. This is because the bike senses low Lambda voltage. It’s not really a problem but the adjustment can be backed off a smidgen with the ignition switched off. Then restart and ride the bike for a mile or two and if the same thing happens repeat the above.

I had the exact same problem after fitting a module, cleared fault {o2 sensor} removed module and it has been fine since. Guy I bought module off refunded money and offered to send out a revised module if I wanted, top bloke!

Dave quickly supplied an updated module. Fitted and took the bike for 120 ride on Friday.
Hey presto warning light did not come back on.
Job done.