cali lowering.

hi, just wondering if its possible to get a lowering kit or something to make a 1994 cali 3 lower? have fallen in love but tis too high as I only have a 27" inside leg

Shorter shocks and drop the fork legs through the yokes by the same amount.
Get the seat retrimmed with a thinner (gel) pad,
Both could work
Best of luck
Steve

Also you could do like I have done and fit lower profile tyres, this gives me 1/2" lower ground height and looks pretty good too!

I struggle a bit too(29") would making the seat narrower work?

How do you get on getting the side stand up - I find it a “proper bugger” when seated on the bike

at the moment i cant reach the side stand. but im still growing. grumpy12014-07-11 18:22:26

I’m a bit short in the leg too, and the side stand is enough of a reach for me to be considering something like a lawnmower pull string to do the work for me.

That or a hooky stick in a holster on the frame

I’m not sure that either would look too “cool”

Was looking at a V50 Monza today. They’re tiny. No wonder I was cramped on my V50 back in the day.

Also noticed today that with a passenger on board, I can get both feet flat on the floor. Doesn’t help with the side stand, unless she kicks it back before she climbs on.

think ill stick with the small blocks. happier on them

by the by - mine is a '94 Cali 1100. Does the Cali 3 have the 1000cc engine?

think its 1100 injection
will look tomorrow. tis coming as a trade on my harley

[QUOTE=grumpy1] hi, just wondering if its possible to get a lowering kit or something to make a 1994 cali 3 lower? have fallen in love but tis too high as I only have a 27" inside leg
[/QUOTE]
I droped my cali by having new shocks mayed 1in shorter and puling the forks up thourgh the top yoke.
shocks came from HAGON and wher made for my bulk. thay cost (18mts ago) £158,

well got the bike yesterday. can get my toes on the ground so things looking up a bit. gonna check seat change first and go from there. thanks for all the help here.