Chinkydiscs?

I’ve decided to take a chance on a set of these replacement discs for my Stelvio, made by FRW…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282110131602

So far, the only negative comments I have received are from those who have not tried them but don’t trust them because they are from the far East. As it happens, that doesn’t bother me as long as they are made well :slight_smile:

A chap on the Stelvio FB page has been running them for 3000 miles without a problem so I’ve taken a leap of faith and ordered myself a set, at less than half the cost of Brembo Serie Oro. Anyone on here have any disaster stories to frighten me with?

Jon

I have a couple, there was the great train crash of 1862 and the sinking of the Titanic! :smiley:

I’m sure there are more than that :slight_smile:!

The discs arrived today. Thickness is 5mm (min. stated as 4mm) so anti-warpage properties should be at least as good at the originals, even though I think the problem has been the material used on these.

The chinkydiscs look well made and appear very similar to those fitted to our 2015 CCMs which have performed faultlessly however the proof of the pudding and all that. It’s a pity I won’t be changing them for a couple of months yet so a report will have to wait.

Jon