classic insurance

after receiving new premium increase by almost 40% i am now looking for multiple classic insurance for my bikes. any club members got any recommendations.

I find Bikesure/Adrian Flux quite reasonable. Never had to make a claim so I can’t speak for them in that area but their prices aren’t extortionate and I always get to speak to someone without enduring an hour of hold music.

1 Like

I recently moved from Carole Nash to Lynbrook Insurance due to a big hike in cost. Customer service was good as was the price £378 for 7 bikes ages ranging from 1950 to 1998, all agreed value (total value £50.5K) with brakdown cover, etc. Only downside each is limited to 3,000 miles per annum but over 7 bikes that’s 21,000 which I’m unlikely to do in a year.

I’m with Footman James. They give me a discount as a member of the Guzzi Club and they also include my car on the same policy (2006 car, but not no classic)
That saved me quite a bit of money by combining the two policies.

Thank you all for your replies. I have gone with Lynbrook Insurance and made a saving of almost £100.00. for the same cover.
Thank you martyn916

1 Like

No Problem hank. I saved about £170 over Carole Nash and got agreed value on a Ducati 916 and Triumph Daytona 900 which Carole Nash wouldn’t do.

Hi
I ensure 7 classic bikes on one policy via Adrian flux -the insurer is E R S
unfortunately no no-claims discount is allowed on the policy ! however I pay just over £400 a year for the 7bikes. dont know if that helps!

Hank, Out of interest, do you mind me asking who your old insurer was?
Thanks, Chris

Carol Nash!

Ah! Thanks, they’re already on my black-list :slightly_smiling_face:

i was with footman and james who wouldn’t even recognise the moto guzzi club for discount. lynbrook was much less expensive for more mileage cover.

hi,
it seems to be standard policy that there are no no-claims bonus with classic insurance with most companies.

hi
footman and james wouldn’t consider moto guzzi membership when i swopped from norton membership. maybe you got it because you added your car.

I’ve been with Footman James for about 12 years for the bikes. I only added the car this year.
I think they had closer ties with the club in the past. They still insist on my club membership to receive a discount.

I’m with Footman James, I have a multibike flex policy that enables me to combine classic & modern bikes on one policy. My renewal isn’t until October, but it’s useful to know of alternatives if they hike the price extortionately. I moved from Bikesure a few years ago