Click no start

I was just reading an article in the latest addition of Gambalunga (MotoGuzziUK club magazine). The article was referring to the click no start issue on CARC models and it suggested that Moto Guzzi should of fitted a Capacitor and Diode to prevent the ECU from losing power when the starter button is pressed. The article shows where to fit the parts on the Breva 1100. Socket number 62 in the side panel is where the capacitor goes and there is another connector which has a link wire where the diode is fitted. Does anyone know where the equivalent connectors are located on the Bellagio? I’ve looked on the wiring diagram but can’t see any thing similar.

1 Like

I found the info I need, basically the Breva 1100 diagram is exactly the same as the Bellagio one, however the official Moto Guzzi diag shows sockets 61 and 62 which are attached to the ECU at pin 4 , this is a 12v supply from the aux fuse feeding the ECU. I just have to find these socket on the Bellagio they have a orange blue wire and an orange black wire going to them and one is a 2 pin and the other a 3 pin with only two wires connected. you can look at the Breva circuit diagram by going to https://www.guzzitek.org/…/Breva1100_052007_Atel(GB).pdf

Hello, I wrote that article. You need to confirm that your Bellagio has the auto start feature. As I don’t own that model I am not sure. If it is not an auto start the starter will only operate for as long as you have the start button pressed. I looked at the Bellagio diagram it does not have the plugs. I have attached the diagram for the Breva. If the Bellagio is an Auto start it is possible to create the diode/capacitor circuit which you can fit down stream of the 3 amp fuse to Pin 4.

Many thanks for responding, i can’t find the plugs anywhere unless they are under the fuel tank.if i release the start button should it keep trying to start if it has auto start?. Let me know. I can’t imagine the Bellagio harness is different to the Breva as the electrical diagram looks identical, just missing plugs 61 and 62