Click to the main MGCGB site

Hey @admins - maybe I’m missing something here, in which case please set me straight (and roll your eyes), but:

When I click on the MGCGB logo at top left (in the browser), I always expect to be taken to the ‘main MGCGB’ site, which I’m not. Is there an obvious nav I’m missing, and is it possible that the visual cues offered by that logo might be seen as an obvious route to www[dot]motoguzziclub[dot]co[dot]uk ?

Hi @Barry_Conway,

I have never tried this, mainly because I always have the Website and the Forum pages open on two tabs to move between them or half the screen.
I tried it and it didn’t work for me either, I will look into it.

Cheers Uki

1 Like

Cheers, Uki. Absolutely not a complaint, though.

The link to to the forum home page, it’s not a fault. Unless you consider the link to be written wrong… :grin:

i know it links to the main forum page - there are several ways to achieve that, but none - as far as I can see - to navigate to the ‘main site’. i thought I was clear, but clearly not clear enough: I’m not reporting a fault.

1 Like

@Barry_Conway there is a slightly convoluted method to get to the club website. Click on About in the forum, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will find a link

Hmm. Less convoluted to type the url into the browser, which is what I already do. But thanks. From a UI perspective, I’m sold on the MGCGB logo, top right, being a link to the main site. But hey, I won’t actually lose any sleep.

1 Like

Hi @Barry_Conway ,
Nigel found out that the Club logo gets you back to the Forum Homepage, so that ‘icon’ is already taken.

Cheers Uki

Yeah. Thanks, @Uki. I 100% realise how it operates the now. I was suggesting that, “taken” or not, it might be better served in directing one to “the main site”, like pretty much every other website ever!, but I seem to be in a Minority of One, so I’ll just shut up now. Ta!

2 Likes

@Barry_Conway Always happy to hear suggestions and other members’ views.

Cheers Uki

1 Like

aha! when using Chat (on mobile) that ‘click logo to get back to the forum’ makes sense (to me).

I’ve created a locked post to take people back to website :grin:

2 Likes