Club event venues.

EDIT: MGCGB is on the hunt for new venues for events. I have copied below the enquiry that I have been sending out to potential sites.

As you’ll see it’s not just a field with a toilet block. Member’s requirements make suitable venues a tall order.

To date campsites haven’t been a great idea due to having to share with other campers and limitations such as a 10pm curfew and bike parking.

The best venues seem to be rugby clubs during summer and cricket clubs in the latter part of the year

All ideas appreciated.
Here’s the text of the enquiry that I have been using. This time without duplications!

Hi there,

I am writing on behalf of Moto Guzzi Club GB to enquire about holding one of our club events at your site.

We are a long-standing club with over 3000 members across Britain. We have three key events per year. Summercamp is a relaxed July weekend for 40-50 people, GuzziFest is our premier event in August and attracts 200+ people and includes live music on Saturday evening. Our AGM camping weekend is held in late September and attracts 50-70 people for the Satutday afternoon meeting, Saturday evening supper and sometimes live music.

On this occasion we are seeking a venue for our AGM over the weekend of September 27-29th2024. We will need a meeting room to hold 50-60 people (estimated) with good Wi-Fi connection, availability of bar facilities for Friday and Saturday evenings, food service for breakfasts and evening meals. Most people will be camping or using motorhomes. Any advice on local hotels and B&Bs would be appreciated.

We will need a meeting room to hold 50-60 people (estimated) with good Wi-Fi connection, availability of bar a for Friday and Saturday evenings, food service for breakfasts and evening meals. Most people will be camping or using motorhomes. Any advice on local hotels and B&Bs would be appreciated.

Any help with availability, cost and facilities would be appreciated."

Steve

Steve Freeman.

Social Secretary.

Moto Guzzi Club GB.

www.motoguzziclub.co.uk

1 Like

Steve, you’ve got a typo at Camping weekend…

1 Like

And the last two paragraphs repeat the same text.

1 Like

Cheers Don. Now edited. Luckily the original didn’t include the duplication. I have discovered a new feature on my phone. Cut and quickly double tap the screen will double paste.

1 Like

Squires, Leeds ?

1 Like

How about Shipston on Stour?

The sports club at 21 London Rd, Shipston-on-Stour CV36 4EP has all the facilities you need.

Only problem is that although in the “Midlands”, they’re not really the “Midlands” for the Scottish contingent.

But there’s some nice biking roads and bike oriented venues nearby.

Might be worth getting in touch with them?

01608 661139

1 Like

Good call. I’ll get in touch.
Central is going to be a pinpoint with a150-200 mile radius! :grinning:

I’ll check their room availability and whether they will give us free access for a weekend.
Steve

Steve

What sort of geographical area are you looking for?

There’s a few rallies held in Rugby clubs in the North East that might be suitable and i could do some digging, but im wondering if its too far North?

1 Like

All areas are possible. I’ll be looking for Summercamp and GuzziFest venues for 2025 so any leads would be appreciated.
Areas with an active branch/Guzzi community are favourites as we will need local volunteers.