Clutch/gearbox adjustment V100

Is there any? Just got my new V100S, running in. 180 miles on clock, and the gearbox seems to be loosening up a bit…except that on a couple of occasions, after coming to a halt, the bike won’t shift from 1 to N - it just hangs in a false neutral and if you push the pedal down again, it goes back into 1 with a massive “clunk”!

If you move forward a bit, you can then select N as usual, but a bit “crunchy”?

Is this to be expected or does it presage something horrible?

I’ve heard of a couple of V100s that have had to go back in for warranty work on the gearbox - hope I’m not going to be another!

Interested in your thoughts.

congratulations on the new bike :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers Sid - largely OK save for erratic Gear Position Indicator.

Handles really well…and the engine rumble…its a Guzzi alright!

This is really weird, I’d been riding it for about an hour then realised I’d slipped back into linked brakes mode…

Except they ain’t!

Just like meeting a really old freind…

1 Like

ride it hard, and use the gearbox a lot , that should free things up, do not go adjusting things, it is still under warranty
My Breva had an awful gearchange, especially when cold, the Engineer told me to rev it more and use the gears more
after about 5K it all loosened up nicely

Got over 600 miles in now and I can say I have not had any issues with the gear box at all. No false neutrals either so quite pleased.

Issue isn’t false neutrals -it’s failure to select neutral from 1st from a standstill. Caused by “too much loctite” used on assembly, apparently.

So if it doesn’t do it, it likely never will.

My Ducati was plagued with false neutrals for the first 5000 miles or so. That was really what I was comparing the V100 to. Gear selection doesn’t seem to be an issue so far. I’ve read your trials and tribulations with a degree of concern; desperately hoping that mine won’t follow suit.