Connector under the seat on V85TT 2023

Does anybody know what is that conector under the seat for? I thought I could hook up there a trickle charger but an Oxford charger does not fit.
Any advice ? Photos attached.

It is probably a live feed for additional eqipment, there are two noted on Carl Allisoon’s wiring diagram but noted as USB sockets. I’m sure someone with one of these bikes will be able to confirm.

1 Like

That looks like the switched live feed that I’ve got on my 2022 V7 Special. I bought a matching plug/socket from eBay - cheap and easy. I use mine to run a battery voltage monitor as I have a few electrical bits and pieces wired direct to my battery

2 Likes

It is a switched live feed, original fitted I believe for the factory option USB charger lead, aside from the one on the dash panel.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the replies. I now understand it can be used (with an adaptor) to charge USB devices like a SatNav or similar . Pity it cannot be used to connect there a battery charger, or is that a possibility?
Thank you again for all your help.
J

The OBD plug will normally support a battery charger. You need an appropriate adapter. This is because the OBD has to provide 12V to power whatever device is connected to it. This is taken direct from the battery, so can be used to connect a battery charger.

This is what I use on my V100.

Its originally a Ducati part but as long as the OBD connector is the same, it will work.

ETA: £11 - 16 off ebay. Just google the part number you can see.

It’s got an SAE connector on the other end.

1 Like

it’s for this:

I have one, very easy to fit and handy for charging your phone on long trips if it’s raining as the one on the dash isn’t waterproof

1 Like

The manual says that it is for a USB port. It is a switched live and I’ve used it to power a relay for auxiliary lights. You need to make up or buy a superset connecter to connect to it. Youtube very useful for this

2 Likes

Thats useful…have a look at my post for a power socket, l think its far better than groping under the seat. Far more convenient as a device charging point especially if the seat has luggage strapped on it. …

It may well be an optimiser battery charge lead. If it goes back to battery then think it that.
Literally today fitted similar optima 4 lead like that so as not to remove driver seat on my Stelvio, just passenger now.

Hi,

Im looking to buy a conection for the live feed. What did you search for onEbay, what is that sort of connecter called?

Thanks

Hi Scotty. This is the eBay description of the connector that I bought:
AMP Superseal Waterproof Electrical Connector Kits - 1 2 3 4 5 6 Way - 12/24v
Regards
Tony

Thanks,

I shall get onto that!

My bike came with the fly lead for an Oxford Optimiser, it was by the ecu .