Considering 2011 Stelvio NTX

Hi all
considering above, any warantee issues i should check for? Any other advice?

ta
Paul Vic

Surely a 2011 bike will be out of warranty now?
Try a forum search, as the Stelvio has been the subject of several threads.Brian UK2014-01-14 09:06:47

I think he meant recalls and any any known problems that had to be fixed under warranty (e.g. cam followers). Although I could have misunderstood…

Cheers gents.
Sorry if not clear, just concerned regarding any warrantee recalls or work that should have been done. As you say out of warrantee so even more critical to ensure any such work has been done.

Also any other advice greatly accepted, I understand final drive would appreciate additional greasing, but any info appreciated.

Ta
Paul

Mite be worth looking in club members discussion area, there have been issues with some of the eight valve motors, Stelvios are fabulous things methinks, too big for me tho…

Check that it has a full dealer service history and go on condition mileage is not important as the more miles they do the better they get

They’re a great bike, had mine over two years and has been totally reliable. I half the recommended oil change interval, and keep it on an optimate charger.
There was a recall for the centre stand and something for the wiring which I had done at the last dealer service. I’ll probably get around to relubing the rear shock linkage and swing arm bearings some time this year.

I am not sure what version of the cam follower mod the 2011 bike will be on but the dealer will be able to show you the history. Not all bikes were affected. I would go for the later big tank version with the shrouded headlights as this will have the later roller cam followers. But that’s just me.

Good luck with the search they are a great bike.

If any owner would care to do a brief review I’d be only to happy to add pics and publish free…I’m very short of Guzzi material for the review section of Bigbikemad… Guzzi’s are too overlooked and more should be known about them… All I need are some rough notes!!Oh G’wan. G’wan, G’wan, G’wan, G’wan…

thanks all, took the plunge, part exed my Cali and got the basic Stelvio with boxes… took “8 valves” advice on service, some warantee work done also (centre stand think it was) and some milage on it so very happy. however riding it compared to the Cali is like learning from scratch… a virgin again!!

question for the audience is related to the battery optimiser comment… my Cali was kept on an oxford 900 optmate all time when not being ridden. can the optimate be connected and charge through the 12v cigarette lighter socket?
also what purpose does the 12v socket under pillion seat serve? i am thinking perhaps they are connected differently. perhaps one on dash shuts off when key out, one under seat stays active, ie for charging?
feedback appreciated. concerned about pluginging in charger without advice in case it blows something!!

thanks again, Paul

I run a optimate on my stelvio all year round, mine is 2010 model with just the one 12v power point in tool box that is permanently live. I have however connected one of the optimate waterproof charging leads direct to the battery and have had no problems
Keith 8 Valve Eagle2014-01-25 10:40:53

Ditto. (That’s a bit spooky. It’s exactly what I was going to type.Differnt name though.)
You could also budget for some nicely made stainless accessories for the Stelvio from 8 valve eagle.tomcat2014-01-25 11:01:15

The socket is quite useful for charging the phone.