Cornwall Branch Meetings Re-start

The branch meetings will re-start on Wednesday 19 August 2020 at the Hawkins Arms in Zelah at 7:00pm. The meetings will run from March to October on the third Wednesday of the month. In order to try and facilitate as broad an attendance as possible venues will be split between the east and west sides of the County with meetings in the odd months held in the east and the ones in the even months held in the west. The venue for September’s eastern meeting has yet to be decided but will in all likelihood be held in the vicinity of Liskeard. I will update this forum when the venue is confirmed. An email has been sent out to the members I have addresses for giving more detail. If I have missed anyone then please either phone or email me - contact details in the latest edition of Gambalunga. D

The eastern venue for the Branch meetings will be The Highwayman, Dobwalls, PL14 6JD. So the updated details for the Branch Meetings is as follows:

Third Wednesday, 19:00, alternating - Hawkins Arms, Henver Lane, Zelah, TR4 9HU (even months) and The Highwayman, Dobwalls, PL14 6JD (odd months). Meetings run March through to October.

Are you also posting these on club Facebook page? I think there is more traffic there than forum at present.
Ian

Hi Ian, I am not a Facebook user so am using a mix of the Forum, WhatsApp and email. Cheers Danny

A very good effort to the members who braved a very blustery night to attend to re-start meeting at the Hawkins Arms last night. It was great to meet some new people and enjoy the good food and company. Hope to see you again at the Hightwayman in Dobwalls next month. Cheers Danny

To all who attended, sorry I didn’t make it, I meant to, but we have had visitors for two weeks and to be totally honest, I completely forgot anyway.

I must say though that this site is getting less and less worth visiting with so many more active forums to visit.

Would it be possible for emails to be sent out? I am webmaster for Cornwall Ceramics and Glass Group with 120 odd members and send out communications to all members. Plus my memory is not what it once was!

How many turned up?

Cheers John

Hello Guys

The new Rule of 6 brought in by the Government from Monday is going to put the dampers on our next Branch meeting at The Highwayman, Dobwalls on Wednesday evening. Having talked this through with other branches, I still intend to go ahead but obviously limit attendance to six. Accordingly, let me know if you want to come as I will operate a first come first served system, informing the group once I have reached the limit.

It is what it is!!

Cheers

Danny

Hi John

Just read your earlier post. Seven turned up at the Hawkins Arms last month. It was a good effort as the weather was wet and windy!!

Cheers, Danny

Guys, We have reached our limit of 6 for Wednesday’s (16th Sep) branch meeting in Dobwalls. Rgds Danny

Guys, The next meeting is due to be held at the Hawkins Arms, Zelah on Wednesday 21st October. As with last month’s event we are limited by the Rule of 6 so I will again allocate places based on a First come first served basis. Replies to me by email or phone please. Kind regards Danny

I intend to go! Is this 7:00 pm?

Fingers crossed for decent weather.

Cheers John Mee

Guys

It has been a while since we have been allowed to do anything social but as the lockdown starts to ease we can once again looking at monthly meetings. Sadly, the March meeting will have to be cancelled due to COVID restrictions but I have booked an outside table at the Hawkins Arms for 1845 on Weds 21 April. Rule of six still applies so its first come first served again. Looking forward to better times! Cheers. Danny