Dead griso 1100

Hi guys can anyone help, when I was riding home last week on a dual carriageway doing 60mph the bike’s engine just cut out :frowning:
It would crank over but not even try to start. Checked fuses and plenty of fuel in the tank. Any ideas please.

Ironbutt

Does the Griso have the in-tank fuel filter? I’ve never owned one, but I believe they can split so that you end up with no fuel pressure.
Does the dash show fault codes?

Checked the diagnostics on the bike, no fault codes.
:confused:

Yes the pump and filter are in-tank on this bike. Pop the fuel cap and then switch on - is the fuel all swirling around in there? I think that is a sign of an issue in that area. My pal has had four of this type of failure on his G11.

Thanks for the info I’ll have a check.

Ironbutt

Had this on my Nevada.
As said, if the fuel swishies around as the pump primes when turning the ignition is initially turned on, it will either be a pump off, split pipe or rupture fuel filter which are all in the tank.

See; https://us.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/5719389/griso-griso-griso-v-ie-1100-chassis-number-prefix-zguls0-zgulsc-2005-2013-griso-v-ie-1100-chassis-number-prefix-zguls0-zgulsc-al/fuel-supply

Turns out it was the fuel pump, pipe had come off :smiling_imp: now repaired and tested :smiley:

Thanks for your help guys
That’s why I love this forum :wink:

Ironbutt