Differences between the various versions of V50

I’ve been looking online for some information about the differences between the V50, V50II and the V50III. There doesn’t seem to be anything of much substance out there, of course I could be missing things altogether. Can anyone point me in the right direction or give an outline of the differences here? It’s information about the standard models I’m interested in not the Monzas.

As you say, there’s not a lot of information. If you want to look up specific technical differences then Guzziology is probably your best source of information.
As a general guide to the small block models, then have a read of this article written by the late Rod Yeomans from Australia
https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_small_blocks_older_small_block_issues_.html

1 Like

Another good source of information is Ian Falloon’s The Moto Guzzi Story.

Main electrical difference is the the V50 and V50II hade electronic ignition whereas the V50III had points ignition. V50III also had indicator repeater lights on the dash whereas the earlier models didn’t.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, this looks to be a very good source of information. I’ve had a quick scan but I’ll get into it properly when I have more time.

I’ll need to try to source a copy, thanks for the information.

The Moto Guzzi Story by Ian Falloon ISBN 1 85960 414 5 first published in 1999 by Haynes (as in the manuals) Publishing. My copy bought for me in 2005 is the second edition (June 2000) with additions was £19.99 and worth every penny!

I also have Moto Guzzi Sport and Le Mans Bible by the same author ISBN 978-184584064-8 published by Veloce Books another good book but does not cover the small blocks.

Best wishes

1 Like