Do you know what this is ?

Ok, I know it is a fuel level sensor - but have you seen one like it before - what does it come from. I got it attached to a T5 tank i bought, looks totally out of place - what is it

has wording on it which is very small and worn but looks like Euro Switch

has 4 terminals on side with symbols + S R - at spades

‘pipe’ measures 8" mac2013-01-17 10:39:50

my T5 polizia has one just like it

my old tank didnt have a sensor fitted, had been blanked off - what colour wires go to which spade ? please