Editing Posts?

Help please. I can’t see how to edit an existing post?

For instance, here it is in the post I just now made - this time I ringed the icons in green and you can see the ‘pencil’

You need to click on the 3 little dots in Barry’s red ring and more options come up.

Sory if that wasn’t clear - I edited my own post (haha) - can @Webofficer confirm that ‘edit’ disappears after a period of time and/or when post has been responded to? Certainly seems that way.

Not sure Barry, my options are sometimes different because I have admin powers. I would need to go in with hubbies account to see. But I have no time as I go on tour tomorrow .
Can Nigel (@Gus35) please have a look into this. Thanks.

Cheers Uki

1 Like

No. I have no pencil to edit the post. I will have to start a new one. :frowning:

1 Like

Not sure Barry, my options are sometimes different because I have admin powers. I would need to go in with hubbies account to see. But I have no time as I go on tour tomorrow .
Can Nigel (@Gus35) please have a look into this. Thanks.

No biggie, Uki - just curiosity on my part. Enjoy your tour! :motorcycle: :smile:

1 Like

Sometimes old posts can’t be edited or maybe if someone has already answered to them.

Normally I could go in and change it Damian eg. Branch meeting times etc.
But I have two Rallies to go to and 5000km :grinning:

Cheers Uki

1 Like

@djpockets @Barry_Conway There are some settings that define how long a post can be edited for. I’m not sure at the moment what the default is. It also seems that in instances if a post has been replied to, editing of the earlier threads may not be possible.

Uki and I have admin rights so can assist if necessary.

1 Like

Thanks @gus35 - really just curiosity on my part. I’ve not personally encountered any issues. I can report, however, that I can (and have) just edited my own post prior to your latest reply, so it seems that if there is an “edit limit” it is less related to any response, and more likely a duration setting (as you said). HTH - but emphasise that there is no problem here (for me), just curiosity. No edits once responded to seems like a reasonably sensible setting to me, in principle.

1 Like

Update: I have just set the time limit for editing posts longer.

Trust Level 1 members (new) have now 7 days
Trust Level 2+ members have now 90 days.

Why do we have a timelimit? I had a member who was offended by anoyher member, editing all his posts and thus destroying some interesting topics.

Cheers Uki

1 Like