Electrex Reg Rec

Basically I found the brown wire ( + feed to brushes ) had a wee nick in it behind the RR. But not broken. I have a charging which illuminates brightly. All the tests are correct. No power down the brown at the DF terminal. If I flash it I get full charge ( 13.8v) and the battery light goes out. The brown must have shorted where the RR mounts and blown it is my guess.
Need to test the RR or is that basically what I have done ?

Thanks for all your help during the festivities

theone&onlymin
x

How is the orange wire connected? “The warning light is not part of the system like the Bosch and this one puts out a faint glimmer when lit.” How is the bulb connected? According to RR45 instructions must only be connected through the orange wire (IF used) BUT as I said earlier mine won’t pass enough current to light it up, HOWEVER it should work if the orange wire is connected direct to ignition+, leaving out the bulb entirely. Instructions imply bulb must not be connected any other way. Have you got it connected between ignition+ and DF? RR45 will not start up (no Volts on DF) until the correct amount of current is flowing down the orange wire. LED won’t pass enough I don’t think. (Instructions say 120 mA, mine only does 35 mA or somesuch, whatever it is, useless for lighting a bulb.) Also there’s a minimum Voltage threshold. (This orange wire connection goes back to a control pin on the chip.)

Orange wire up to warning lights. Using the right indicator light as it is easier to get to. The info says a 2w bulb which is what they are. Nice and bright ( green ! )
Hard wired into the DF so that I can flash it in the meantime.
So …

theone&onlymin
x
theone&onlymin2013-12-26 16:09:46

I would say my charging light is wired as per PDF instructions and through the ignition switch.

theone&onlymin
x

Summink wrong with module then, alternator seems OK if ‘flashing’ it brings it up.