Essex Branch Meetings 2023

Hi everyone, I’m starting to look at meeting dates and venues for 2023.

I’ve drawn up this schedule (avoiding key dates like Pennine Rally, Scottish Rally, Guzzi Fest, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Bank Holidays etc) and added some venues., taking account of previous suggestions where I could find them.

Does anyone have any comments/objections to the proposed and can suggest other meeting venues please ? I’d like to get the dates fixed soonest so we can get these into Gambalunga so grateful for suggestions by 15th November please

Sincere thanks, Evie xx

15th January The Kings Head, The Street, Pebmarsh, Halstead CO9 2NH

19th February Thatchers Arm, Warley Rd, Great Warley, Brentwood CM13 3HU

15th January

19th February

26th March

16th April

21st May Battlesbridge Motorbike Museum, Maltings Road, Battlesbridge Antiques Centre, Battlesbridge, Essex, SS11 7RF

9th to 11th June Essex Branch Camping weekend and meeting combined at The Star, The Street, Steeple, Essex, CM0 7LF

16th July The East Essex Aviation Society and Museum, Martello Tower, Point Clear Rd, St. Osyth, Point Clear, Clacton-on-Sea CO16 8JD

13th August The Shipwreck, Shotley Marina, Shotley Gate, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP9 1QJ

September Copdock Bike Show, Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8HU - Exact date to be confirmed

17th September

15th October The Chequers Inn, The Square, Goldhanger, Maldon, Essex. CM9 8AS

19th November

17th December

Here is the map of where we have been before for reference:

For the latest map see here Best wishes Chris

I made a few suggestions here maybe someone has experience of these places?

Thanks Chris for the suggestions - I’ve added them into the list x

How about some of the venues that were cancelled due to covid in 2020-2021?

• The Cross Keys, 1 The Street, White Notley, Essex CM8 1RQ
  • The Cricketers, Spring Lane, Fordham Heath, Colchester, Essex CO3 9TG
  • The Great Bromley Cross, Ardleigh Road, Colchester, Essex CO7 7TL
  • The Fox and Houndshapel Street, Steeple Bumpstead, Essex CB9 7DQ
  • The Cats, Blue Mill Lane, Woodham Walter, Essex CM9 6LS
  • The Horns and Horseshoes, Foster Street, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9HX
  • The Prince of Wales, Prince of Wales Road, Great Totham, Maldon, Essex CM9 8PX

Thanks Chris, I’ve used the suggestions to update the 2023 meeting dates and list to come up with a full programme as follows.

UPDATE Hi everyone, thanks for the suggestions, I’ve now fully populated the 2023 calendar with dates and venues (avoiding key dates like Pennine Rally, Scottish Rally, Guzzi Fest, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Bank Holidays etc).

Does anyone have any comments/objections to the proposed before I publish and confirm?

Sincere thanks, Evie xx

26th March The Cats, Blue Mill Lane, Woodham Walter, Essex CM9 6LS

16th April The Fox and Hounds, Chapel Street, Steeple Bumpstead, Essex CB9 7DQ

21st May Battlesbridge Motorbike Museum, Maltings Road, Battlesbridge Antiques Centre, Battlesbridge, Essex, SS11 7RF

9th to 11th June Essex Branch Camping weekend and meeting combined at The Star, The Street, Steeple, Essex, CM0 7LF

16th July East Anglia BMW club show, Mid Suffolk Light Railway, Wetheringsett, Near Stowmarket, IP14 5PW.

13th August The Shipwreck, Shotley Marina, Shotley Gate, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP9 1QJ

3rd September Copdock Bike Show, Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8HU

17th September The Great Bromley Cross, Ardleigh Road, Colchester, Essex CO7 7TL 15th October The Chequers Inn, The Square, Goldhanger, Maldon, Essex. CM9 8AS

19th November The Horns and Horseshoes, Foster Street, Harlow, Essex, CM17 9HX

17th December The Cricketers, Spring Lane, Fordham Heath, Colchester, Essex CO3 9TG

1 Like

Essex Branch map updated here

Thanks for the suggestions, I’ve now fully populated the 2023 calendar with dates and venues (avoiding key dates like Pennine Rally, Scottish Rally, Guzzi Fest, Fathers Day, Mothers Day, Bank Holidays etc) and given everyone ample opportunity to make any comments etc so I have now sent it to the Gambalunga editor to publish. Please note I changed the date of the camping weekend to 16th to 18th June 2023. Love Evie

16th to 18th June Essex Branch Camping weekend and meeting combined at The Star, The Street, Steeple, Essex, CM0 7LF - Details and booking information to be published in due course

16th July East Anglia BMW club show, Mid Suffolk Light Railway, Wetheringsett, Near Stowmarket, IP14 5PW.

3rd September Copdock Bike Show, Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8HU .

17th September The Great Bromley Cross, Ardleigh Road, Colchester, Essex CO7 7TL

15th October The Chequers Inn, The Square, Goldhanger, Maldon, Essex. CM9 8AS

17th December The Cricketers, Spring Lane, Fordham Heath, Colchester, Essex CO3 9TG

Copdock Bike Show Sunday 3rd September 2023 see here

Please note the 16th July meeting venue has changed to visit the event hosted by The East Anglia section of the BMW Club at the Mid Suffolk Light Railway, Wetheringsett, near Stowmarket IP145PW. If I can figure how to update the original list I’ll amend it xx

Updated meeting schedule (to reflect the change to the July meeting from St Osyth to the bike show at Stowmarket.

Sunday 3rd September - Copdock Bike Show, Trinity Park, Felixstowe Road, Ipswich, IP3 8HU . Essex Branch will be hosting a stand in club village.

17th September The Great Bromley Cross, Ardleigh Road, Colchester, Essex CO7 7TL 15th October The Chequers Inn, The Square, Goldhanger, Maldon, Essex. CM9 8AS