Essex Camping Weekend 2023

Hiya, originally I’d suggested 9-11th June 2023 for the camping weekend but I have something else I need to do that weekend so I’m intending to move our camping weekend to the following weekend of 16th to 18th June (which is our usual 3rd Sunday meeting date). I appreciate it means that the Sunday will be Fathers Day so before I change the date I thought I would consult you all. I checked with those on FB already and none of them mind the date change. With best wishes, Evie

Lovely, since no-one seems to mind, and I’d really like to be able to come along, I’ve decided to move the date of the camping weekend to Friday 16th to Sunday 18th June 2023. As a bonus, the landlady should be there that weekend so you will be able to get a breakfast on Saturday xx

1 Like

Added to my calendar. Hopefully I’ll make it this time!

Added to my Calendar too, I expect usual booking and confirmation stuff will surface in due course?

Hi Brian, I hadn’t realised I hadn’t added the detail so thanks for the reminder. The booking information is as follows:

ESSEX BRANCH CAMPING WEEKEND

16TH TO 18TH JUNE 2023

WHEN AND WHERE?

The camping weekend will be held from Friday 16th to Sunday 18th June 2023 at The Star, The Street, Steeple, Essex, CMO 7LF.

WHATS PROVIDED?

Its very informal and there is no ticket required - but you must book a pitch or room with the pub direct - see details below. The campsite is strictly adults only over age 18 so no children I’m afraid.

I will set up my big tent again to use as a communal meeting space - I have booked a pitch with Electric Hook Up so we have an electricity supply so will I will bring an electric kettle, water, tea, coffee, milk, sugar, biscuits, cakes etc so you can pop in and get a cuppa whenever you want. I’ll bring some spare mugs in case anyone forgets theirs. I’ll set up extension leads too so you can charge phones etc etc (bring your own leads). The campsite has showers and toilets. We’ll try and organise a run out somewhere on Saturday - details to follow later.

HOW TO BOOK:

Telephone the Star at Steeple on 01621 772646.

GIVE THEM THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION:

Your Name

Your Telephone Number

Number of nights you are camping

Tell them if you need Electric Hook Up

Book a table for an evening meal on Friday and Saturday night

HOW MUCH IS CAMPING OR THE B&B?

Camping is £12 per tent per night (pay when you arrive). Electric pitches available at extra cost - enquire direct with the pub.

Ensuite Rooms including continental breakfast are available at £75 per night.

No Full English Breakfast available but you can order a bacon sandwich/roll with tea/coffee at £6.50 from the pub. We may offer club breakfast - more detail later once I’ve had a chat with the boys.

I think that’s all the information you need but let me know if you have any questions. Look forward to seeing you all then, love Evie and the Essex Guzzi Group xx

1 Like

I have rung and confirmed - so I’ll be there

ESSEX BRANCH CAMPING WEEKEND

16TH TO 18TH JUNE 2023

Just updating this post to add a bit more detail and a programme.

Friday - arrive and set up and enjoy a catch up and a few drinkies in the pub. If you want a meal best to prebook with the pub beforehand.

Saturday morning - Times dependent on level of hangover:

You can get a bacon sandwich and tea/coffee from the pub at £6.50 or I will do sausage/egg rolls or boiled eggs and toast just outside our big green meeting tent. There is a kettle, tea, coffee, milk and fresh ground Union coffee and biscuits available all weekend in the green tent - just help yourself - bring a mug, though I’ll have spares if you forget. Donations very welcome to cover costs with any profits going to charity.

Saturday 10.45am. Joe will lead a scenic ride around the Dengie Peninsula stopping at Cabin Dairy tea room for cake or ice cream before heading back to camp.

Saturday evening - hopefully a one off special Pigsy and Steve bit of entertainment - details to follow (once they’ve tested the plan will work xx)

Saturday night - back in the pub/campsite for drinkies and chat.

Sunday morning - Evie breakfast or pub breakfast

Sunday from 1pm - it’ll be our regular Essex Meeting here at the Star so we hope you stay around to meet some of the gang who couldn’t join us for camping.

Hope this all helps - let me know if any questions or queries, with lots of love, Evie xx

2 Likes

Essex Camping Weekend - Just back from the fab Essex Camping weekend in Steeple - the weather was brilliant (if a bit hot!), the campsite was fab and the pub was awesome. The ride out by Joe was excellent and the Mr B and Pigsy entertainment hilarious. But best of all was the company - thankyou so much to everyone who attended for the fun, laughs and making it so special. Love you all and hope you had a great trip home xx Love Evie and all the Essex Gang

1 Like