Essex meeting - 15 Oct 2023 - Chequers Goldhanger

The next Essex Branch meeting will be on Sunday 15th October 2023 The Chequers Inn, The Square, Goldhanger, Essex. CM9 8AS

If you would like to eat please contact the pub in advance menu here

Meetings start at about 13:00

Hi Chris.
If you come up with any place to meet that are not pubs let us know.
Most pubs are now gear up for sunday luch and not groups meeting.
Perky

Thanks Perky for your suggestion, but are you not on the Essex Branch committee? Surely you guys should be making these decisions not me? I am only keeping the forum stuff ticking over because no one else does it. Just as it seems no one now puts meeting dates into the diary page in Gambalunga or branch reports in Gambalunga. Last I knew there were four of you guys running the branch, I dare you to make some decisions!

PS we used to meet on Thursdays back in the day, and I still find Sunday meetings difficult as I work and so weekends are valuable to me. If you stick with Sunday meetings I agree you will probably be looking for other venues than pubs, but weekends will still be difficult for me if we go to a pub or somewhere else.

Because of this I am unlikely to attend and so my choice of venues is totally irrelevant.

Hi Chris, we do send in the whole years events to the editor around the end of November/December normally so that it should appear as a matter of routine in the magazine the following year (and I’ve just checked the magazine and they are listed) - we’re working on next years dates/venues now but its not finalised (thanks for all your help inviting suggestions on this too - I saw your previous posts xx Suggestions still very welcome from anyone xx). There is no formal committee as such, just a casual organisation which seems to work reasonably well xx

I know one of the members has tried to provide several Branch reports but for some reason they don’t seem to get published. However, we are pretty good at updating both the Forum and the FB page for those that use that of the upcoming events etc.

The Sunday meetings are very popular and we’ll likely stick with those, however we’re not averse to adding in other dates such as Thursday evenings too if someone wants to suggest a date and a venue. Glad to hear your keeping well Chris, hopefully we’ll catch up with you very soon, love Evie

Great that means I can stop posting a new thread each month for the next meeting and updating the branch map. Over to you :+1:

No problem Chris, you’re a bit quicker than me sometimes to post up on the forum the details of the next meeting but between everyone in the Branch it always gets posted one way or another so its all good, with love, Evie