exhaust query - Ev

Just a quick question: I’m having new downpipes made tomorrow for my 2004 Cali EV Touring. There is a removable bolt on each of the standard downpipes, a few inches above the balance tube in front of the engine. Does anyone know what they are for, and whether or not I need to have them on my new downpipes?

for years ive wondered about them bolts ,good question

at a guess as they are not on the older bikes a take off for the tuning system …gas thingy for use at a dealers so equipped?

They are performance additive ports. When the bike is loosing power you have to buy a can of additive from Guzzi and pour it in. This is only needed after 6 years 3 months and 22 days ( dependent on leap years)
A can of additive from Guzzi costs £633:42
I can let you have one for £500 cash

[QUOTE=borderer] They are performance additive ports. When the bike is loosing power you have to buy a can of additive from Guzzi and pour it in. This is only needed after 6 years 3 months and 22 days ( dependent on leap years)
A can of additive from Guzzi costs £633:42
I can let you have one for £500 cash[/QUOTE]

What a swiz ! You charged me £550 for the same item

Daz

In the end, we decided to include them on the new downpipes, just in case they’re ever needed for tuning. When we got the pipes off to measure them up, we found the other side of the h-pipe was beginning to split, so it wouldn’t have been long before that would have needed attention anyway. Of course, disturbing it opening up the split a bit, so I had a lovely exhaust note coming home!