F****** Insurance!

Have you “go compared”? No one should ever accept the renewal charge, it is going to be at least 10% over the same companys new business price.

Andy

I was last insured with CN and had been for 15 years. I was very satisfied until they were taken over by a large well known insurance company and things went downhill rapidly. For me the foreign use cover was very important, but it was cut back to 90 days from 180, and was told I had to tell them the dates and duration of each individual trip to retain “full” cover. Also that I would only be “fully covered” for the declared dates. If you fail to tell them it only leaves you with the very basic compulsory EU cover, read the endorsement to section 4 on the CN policy schedule as to what they will not cover,it scared me! Also they still charged me the £35 admin fee to add another bike for which the premium for the rest of the run of the multi bike policy was £1.77+ £0.11 tax!! EBike for me now even though they cost more.
hotfuzz2014-06-04 19:57:52

[QUOTE=Andy M] [QUOTE=Bikeralw] Never had a problem with CN in the twenty odd years I’ve been with them.

[/QUOTE]

Have you “go compared”? No one should ever accept the renewal charge, it is going to be at least 10% over the same companys new business price.

Andy[/QUOTE]Yes I have, but I NEVER accept a renewal on face value for any insurance I pay. I always call them and argue the toss for a while, then threaten to quit and come back as a new customer if they’re offering a bribe for that!I’ve just had a fifteen minute chat to Saga (freephone!) regarding my campervan renewal, and got a £25 ‘loyal customer’ reduction.

Pushed as far as I could with the “supervisor” at CN and this was still the result in writing

Premium breakdown and policy fees
Premium details Fees
The elements that make up your inclusive insurance charge are:
Premium excluding Insurance Premium Tax : £1.77
Insurance Premium Tax amount : £0.11
Broker Fee : £35.00
Total : £36.88
In addition to premiums charged by the insurer, we may,
at our discretion, apply the following fees to cover
our administrative costs:
Renewals - up to £75
Mid-term adjustments - up to £50
Credit arrangements - up to £34
and I had 3 bikes already insured with them!!

[QUOTE=iandunmore]

[QUOTE=rapheal glynn]

I found Carol nash very helpfu, they gave me classic insurance cover, its no cheaper but if some big mouth barry in his A% whacks me the other insurers wont be able to offer me a paltry sum as its ten years oldI have found from bitter experience that you get what you pay for[/QUOTE]
Agree about CN.I have always found them good.[/QUOTE]Really easy to deal with, way cheaper than anyone else (if you own anything modified). I have several bikes insured with them (agreed value as well) and it is less than £300 pa.

I got my policy with Bennetts,
I got the quote on line, and was emailed a reference number for retrieving it if I decided to go ahead.
A couple of days later, I went ahead with no issues at all,

[QUOTE=Danspics]

[QUOTE=iandunmore]

[QUOTE=rapheal glynn]

I found Carol nash very helpfu, they gave me classic insurance cover, its no cheaper but if some big mouth barry in his A% whacks me the other insurers wont be able to offer me a paltry sum as its ten years oldI have found from bitter experience that you get what you pay for[/QUOTE]
Agree about CN.I have always found them good.[/QUOTE]Really easy to deal with, way cheaper than anyone else (if you own anything modified). I have several bikes insured with them (agreed value as well) and it is less than £300 pa. [/QUOTE] That’s interesting,as last year I got them to do me a six wheel policy (one car and three bikes) and I have just paid my first premium,when all are due together and it came out at £395.This includes personal accident cover on the bikes as well. So I think that seems OK to me. As a matter of interest Danspics,does your premium include personal accident cover,as I assume one doesn’t have it as standard on bikes as on cars?

[QUOTE=NickBrown]

[QUOTE=Danspics]

[QUOTE=iandunmore]

[QUOTE=rapheal glynn]

Agree about CN.I have always found them good.[/QUOTE]Really easy to deal with, way cheaper than anyone else (if you own anything modified). I have several bikes insured with them (agreed value as well) and it is less than £300 pa. [/QUOTE] That’s interesting,as last year I got them to do me a six wheel policy (one car and three bikes) and I have just paid my first premium,when all are due together and it came out at £395.This includes personal accident cover on the bikes as well. So I think that seems OK to me. As a matter of interest Danspics,does your premium include personal accident cover,as I assume one doesn’t have it as standard on bikes as on cars?
[/QUOTE]Which one(s) is on milk crates…??

[QUOTE=byteofthecherry]

[QUOTE=NickBrown]

[QUOTE=Danspics]

[QUOTE=iandunmore]

[QUOTE=rapheal glynn]

[/QUOTE]Which one(s) is on milk crates…??[/QUOTE] Eh? Sorry,if 'milk crates’means cars,then I already have personal accident cover as standard with my car insurance. There is none on the bikes however,so that’s why I have a seperate policy for that on the bikes.

[QUOTE=NickBrown]

[QUOTE=byteofthecherry]

[QUOTE=NickBrown]

[QUOTE=Danspics]

[QUOTE=iandunmore]

[QUOTE=rapheal glynn]

[/QUOTE]Which one(s) is on milk crates…??[/QUOTE] Eh? Sorry,if 'milk crates’means cars,then I already have personal accident cover as standard with my car insurance. There is none on the bikes however,so that’s why I have a seperate policy for that on the bikes.[/QUOTE] six wheel policy… (one car and three bikes= 10 wheels)…so…Oh never mind…

After a fair number of years with Insure.co.uk, I’ve just received a letter from them saying they won’t be doing bike insurance any more so my policy will lapse next month.

Apparently they’ve passed my details on to their partner company, Hastings Direct, so we’ll see what they come up with.

Based in Gibraltar rather than Hastings. Is this a good or bad thing? I think it was that company who wanted to put up my insurance when I became unemployed.BobV72014-06-14 16:10:35

[QUOTE=N2-UK] After a fair number of years with Insure.co.uk, I’ve just received a letter from them saying they won’t be doing bike insurance any more so my policy will lapse next month.

Apparently they’ve passed my details on to their partner company, Hastings Direct, so we’ll see what they come up with.[/QUOTE]

… who came back with:-

Comprehensive insurance. £64.42
Legal expenses cover. £18.86
Admin fee. £5.00

Total £93.28

Not bad really.

But do I really need legal cover?

Btw: the quote is about £20 less than last years.

Just re insured my bikes again with CN this afternoon.97 Guzzi California,99 Guzzi Centauro04 Yamaha Vmax.All fully comp with legal cover and Euro breakdown cover for £197 which i think is reasonable.

My Mk2 is now insured with Peter James & I’ve given a huge list of mods carried out, including all the performance ones on the engine. £93…Can’t get much fairer than that. I won’t say how much CN wanted cos it’s rude!

Just got my renewal through from CN.
£228.78 which is £5.23 more than last year.
Last year I did a lot of phoning around and the best quote I got was still £45.00 more than CN so I probably will be renewing.
Incidentally my premium before I retired was £270.00 roughly so if you have recently retired it is worth while letting them know.

wont bother me none I hate changing vehicles
owned the breva since 2003
may last car for 14 years
and this one was going to last for ten years but its blotted its copybook several times and a bunch of clowns who repaired it have cheesed me off so I might buy a new car and keep it till I die

you will if you have an accident and you need to deal with shysters

Interesting Ian. I am retiring soon. Let’s see if it makes a difference.