Fast Indicator flashing

Hello All,

I was told by a dealer that they ALL do it so can you confirm that the V85TT has its indicators flashing at a rapid rate compared to most other bikes??

Cheers

The MOT regulations for indicators is, Flasing between 60 and 120 a minute, LED’s tend to flash slightly faster than regular bulbs, As long as there is a pause between flashes I would say thats OK, With regular bulbs on some bikes if one lamp goes out the other will flash at twice the speed.
The simplest test would be stand two bikes side by side with indicators on but until you are able to do that don’t loose any sleep

They are a little bit faster but not as bad as my jap bike when I replaced the bulb indicators with LEDs, fixed flashers with resistors inline.
The V85 sometimes gives a quicker flash when I first press the button then slows down to a regular speed.

You can buy LED amber bulbs with the usual BA15s base which include internal resistance to simulate the higher current draw from filament bulbs. They work fine with most flasher units. The alternative is to substitute a dedicated LED flasher unit.

The afore mentioned much brighter, no hyperflash LED’s are available here: 1x Canbus BRIGHT AMBER LED INDICATOR BULBS BA15S P21W GLB382 No Hyperflash – Classic Car LEDs Ltd

Given the LED provides the colour, they can be used behind clear lenses.

Richards

2 Likes