filler/ drain threads - Spada

Just picked a gearbox casing to use for the Spada rebuild and it has a nearly stripped drain plug thread question is its M20 x 1.5 are the filler and drain same size and are they the same on bevel box and sump as if so will need to get a kit to repair them

Ray
Not sure about the thread sizes but I have a great selection of gearbox gaskets, O rings etc left over from when I rebuilt my gearbox. Mark at Rockingham ordered them for me and Guzzi sent packets of 10 for most parts, I only used one of each so have 9 spares!

Drain and LEVEL plugs are the exact same on both bevel & g/box, the filler plugs are identical and the same as both dipstick (filler) and drain of engine sump. Pretty sure that’s right as I seem to remember the standard sump drain is identical to g/box & bevel fillers, complete down to the magnetic insert bit, but as I have the Allen key type filler plugs (with O-ring) on the transmission I can’t double-check this. NB: on a previous bevel casing I did get the drain & level threads repaired by inserts rather than helicoil (not enough metal). That was by Gard Auto, Rayleigh Essex). HTH
Mike H2013-08-21 11:33:44

Going to get a Time-sert sump kit they are the solid insert type much better than helicoils especially on filler plugs etc as they often unscrew the insert with the plug, i alway use them on the spark plugs as well

I forgot you is expert with this sort of stuff anyway Apologies for teaching grandmother etc.

not required him who knows it all knows sweet FA or something like that

Also save a new thread etc has anyone built a tonti round barrel gearbox and got a list of the bearings that are in there as i am sending Nigel at NBS a complete box and some nice shiny casings to swop the internals into but would like to supply hime all new bearings

I sem to recall there are one or two expensive bearings in the box. you might be better getting them on your account ay leicester Bearings. I think Guzziology lists the references you need.
Have a look at one of the needle roller bearings that is unrestrained in the end casing? (from memory). It has a habit of walking out of its hole

Yhats what I am planning on doing will be a lot cheaper that way, mark up on bearings id stupid as is rrp prices on standard single row metric bearings I get 89% discount

[QUOTE=Don-Spada] I sem to recall there are one or two expensive bearings in the box. you might be better getting them on your account ay leicester Bearings. I think Guzziology lists the references you need.
Have a look at one of the needle roller bearings that is unrestrained in the end casing? (from memory). It has a habit of walking out of its hole [/QUOTE]

Ray i have a new double ball bearing the one that go,s on the input shaft/clutch end that’s yours foc but am away from home at the moment until 3 sept pm your address again ifyour OK to wait.