Fitting bar risers to an 850 V7 ?

I am thinking 22mm up and 22mm back just to take the pressure off my shoulders. Has anyone done this mod and did all the cables and wiring manage without further modifications ?

I’m considering doing the same due to many years working in IT. Did you ever get a response please?

Nothing very useful.
Helpful advice and suggestions are all very good but what is needed is the experience of someone who has actually done it on the same motorcycle and can specify the risers that were used.

I’m going to order some - not sure which i will choose from these two on gutsibits site - will report back on how it works out.

25mm Riser Set Black
HAA10033 Fits V7 II Special, V7 II Stone, V7 III ALL, V7 850 ALL [!

Barback Riser Set Black
HAA10923 Fits V7 II Special, V7 II Stone, V7 III ALL, V7 850 ALL

Hi Woodfell and Brocket. Sorry if this is a bit of a late reply but I’ve recently fitted risers/barbacks to my V7 850 and it’s much nicer - not by a huge amount but I did a 120 mile ride a couple of days ago and didn’t get the usual aching in my back . Good luck with yours

Thanks for letting me know, was it these ones?
Barback Riser Set Black
HAA10923 Fits V7 II Special, V7 II Stone, V7 III ALL, V7 850 ALL

Hi. No, I got mine off eBay for about £20. (You can find them cheaper on there but I went for these as they had quicker delivery).

They’re really nicely made and finished. They have stainless bolts - I used the original Guzzi bolts to fix the lower half to the Guzzi clamp and the stainless bolts that came with the risers to secure the top clamp. They’re about 1mm narrower than the V7 lower bar clamp and are Matt black rather than gloss, but they look good enough to me. I can take a photo of mine on the bike if it would help.
Regards
Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks - if you could upload a picture that would be great.

Robin

Hi Robin. Here are a few photos. Let me know if you need any other specific ones.

Regards
Tony

1 Like

Well done Tony, splendid photos.
Did you have to re-route any cables or wiring?

Hi Brockett. No re-routing or risky stretching of looms or control cables required. The hardest thing was balancing the handlebars with attached controls, mirrors etc whilst trying to fit the first top clamp . Those bars are surprisingly heavy!
It was literally a 10 minute job and that was me going slowly because I didn’t want to ding the tank. The original handlebar clamp bolts were really, really tight. Therefore, when I fitted the lower parts of the bar risers I used the original bolts and did them up as tight as my over-long Allen key could do them. Good luck with your project.
Regards
Tony

1 Like

Thanks Tony. Pleased to hear that no cables were over stretched.

TJWood - I finally got round to buying and today fitting the risers. Thanks for your suggestion and advice.

Glad you’ve got it sorted :+1: