Foglight connector...

Does anyone know where it is, wiring colours, etc.?

I have found a 2-pole socket underneath the ignition switch plastic cover, with blue/dark blue wires going to it.

Is this for the foglights or is it for something else?

Thanks.

Are you sure you can even connect a fog light?
I found a 2-pin connector on mine (V7 850) it’s for a USB adaptor. (It’s under the seat.)

Yeah. The switch is on the R/H handlebars. I’m reliably informed that the sockets are there, ready to go.

Just wondering exactly where they are, what they look like.

I know that the Guzzi foglights come with a “fitting kit”.

Just wondering if that mysterious white socket by the ignition barrrel was what you plugged the “fitting kit”…i.e. a circuit splitter into.

When I had it opened up, I did not bother to find out if it was energised when the foglight button was pressed.

Oh well another “5 minute job” for the list…

The connector for the USB socket on the V100 is a bog-standard “superseal” connector and is switched with the ign.

Useful power take off point for satnavs, etc.

BTW, terminal 1 is +.

my v85 has that under the seat, i bought the usb socket for it, it’s an aprilia part. very easy to fit. a long trip through scotland in the rain with my phone not able to charge because the dash usb got wet made me decide to have a waterproof backup option.

1 Like

Can you recall the part number for the USB? I take it thats it plug and play? Cheers Tonybrode

not quite plug and play, there is a rubber bung to push into place and a cable tie to strap around it, but the mounting point and the plug are all there ready for it. takes about 10 mins, or less… probably 5 mins now i think about it :smiley:

The USB socket under the pillion seat of the V100 can be transplanted if that is what you want…but remember what Sid said about “waterproof”…

Appeciate that.Im off up to Scotland for a week and wary of using dash mounted USB due to potential water ingrease. Bought one through parts-motoguzzi.com

1 Like

OK then! :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

have you got the tyre pressure monitoring? I’ve read it’s a plug in module that might fit the v85tt, might even be the same one used in newer v85s, I’m wondering if it retro fits 2021 models

Yes, got that. Don’t know where the control module lives, though. There is an amount of gubbins that lives inside the rim and the manual is very specific about where to lever when fitting/removing tyres to avoid damaging the senders.

And that would imply fun and games when it comes to wheel balancing time.

TBH, I’ve gotten into the habit of checking TPs every time I go out with my Makita tyre inflator. A very useful bit of kit. I suppose TPMS is useful for picking up a slow puncture when you’re away from home…

I’ve got pressure indicators in the valve caps that are supposed to change colour if the pressure drops below a certain level but I’ve found they haven’t alerted me to it dropping gradually low enough i noticed the handling wasnt right. i’ve been using a little cheapo digital sensor recently to check but it ends up letting air out because it is such a faff to get on the valve properly to get a reading. I have to over inflate then keep taking readings until it drops to the right level.

I had an old metal tubular displacement gauge somewhere which never seemed to let air out when I used it, I’ll have to dig that out and try it.

I hadn’t thought about the senders being inside the rim somewhere, the aftermarket kits i’ve seen for cars have them in the valve caps. probably a design that’s easier stolen.

no photo of the module on the website, i guess I’ll have to search the workshop manual :-/

I ve had the seat and side panels off although cant find the connector for the USB socket.
Either my eyes are failing me or its well hidden? Can someone assist with superior knowledge lol

it should be sitting on a clip on the right hand side of the toolbag/glove tray, beside the plastic rectangle you put the bung into (marked USB on the top). the plug has a cap on that you have to remove. you can see it to the right of the picture below (i have the tray removed)

here’s a better photo

Appreciate that. By chance /luck, i viewed the Facebook video on the 12v socket for heated waistcoat and noticed it under battery tray.
Thanks for getting back so quickly and info re insurance comapny assessment.

1 Like