Front end rework (Warning not for purists!)

Thanks for that Jim. I’ve sent Mandy an Email, hopefully she’l have more luck than I have with Magni.
The latest news on the conversion isn’t quite what I’d hoped for as the anodisers cocked up and anodised the yoke black :angry: . We’ll see if I can live with it as the machine shop has promised me a freebie if I don’t like it.

Nice project. Looking forwards to seeing the end product. Keep the pics coming.

I saw this racing Le Mans at the Milan show that was running Ohlins shocks and some nice subtle changes. Love the gold wheels.

Well Mandi couldn’t help as they don’t deal with Magni. Anyone else got any ideas? Better yet anyone know of a Magni paralellogram swingarm languishing in a garage I can buy?

When I roadtested the Magni Australia…which came to us as a non runner…(turnèd out to be a broken belt…luckily the valves didnt tangle)…
I did think it a deffo improvement over my Daytona…however…we spoke to a chap at the Manx…who had the Magni swingarm fitted to his Tonti…his take on it was it wasnt really worth the mither in a road bike…reckoned the bushes were forever semi seizin up…

Well as usual for me this is turning into one thing after another, it always is with one offs though ain’t it! I’ve got to get the disc spacers remachined as they’re a couple of mm out now with the new disc/caliper/forks combo. Bound to happen I guess. The bottom yoke has been de-lugged and the seams removed by yours truly and has been powder coated black as has the little bracket that I’ve had to make for the clock to mount from underneath the top yoke which is now anodised black.
The electrics are going to be re-done by my mate Andy and he’s going to make a PCB to take all the connections in the headlight, shame no one will see the loom inside the headlight cos it’s going to be super tidy. Might have it done in time for the V twin festival.

They are a bit good within their limits aren’t they.

Does Paul Pages excellent Mk.I have a Harris twin shock rear end.
I must check at the festival.

The saga continues! The front end is nearly there. Just need to get the wiring sorted for the headlight assy which will have a PCB instead of loads of looms.

The top yoke looks nice in anodised black now and I really like the black Renthals.

The next bit of fun will be manufacturing a mudguard.
Anyone got any ideas?

Yes. I would like 10bhp more but then who doesn’t.
I will be taking it to the Guzzi Fest as I am still not happy with the Bellagio’s suspension. Far too race track for the roads round here.

If you can get a copy of the 2000 Gambo’s Tony Hill did this including making his own Magni type swinging arm.
Starts in the March/April edition and is called Track Sense.
I have no idea if he is still in the club.