Fuel Cap Change.

As some of you know I am attempting to add a cafe racer style to my 1979 V50. One thing I want to change is the awful plastic fuel cap/cover to a Monza style. My intention at this stage, unless told different, is to remove the triangular metal around the outside of the filler hole and look at some kind of filler neck that can go into the tank like a funnel and then get a screw on cap. Anyone tried this or know if I am going about this the right way or able to advise a different route perhaps? thanks

Hi Nigel, if you are going that route, for the same or similar money you could get a dished plate welded in and go for an aircraft type filler as fitted to the Brevas.Cheers, Gerry.

Not entirely sure what you mean or how. Not sure that an aircraft type would suit the style to be honest.