Glowball Posterior Cisterns

Can anyone enlighten me as to the most efficient way to put waypoints into both Garmin and TomTom devices?

The reason is this: I am building a list of waypoints and don’t want to spend too much time putting the waypoint location into the devices for the days run.
I have sourced all the waypoint postcodes and am assuming that both specie of GPS, above, will have some method of manually inputing and using postcodes to determine the waypoint location?
Putting in coordinates as in Lat & Long would be too much of a faff and more likely to be prone to error by operator methinks.

Anyone out there with experiences of such dohinkies?

p.s. ideally I should like to squirt this info from a tablet or iPhone into the devices by serial / bluetooth - is this also possible?

On my Garmin put in start and finish postcodes and then via’s.
Without said device in front of me I cannot say how but even a Luddite like myself managed it.
It is apparantly even easier if you own a tablet, pc or similer I am told.
Mike H will be along to give you full instructions.

Thx Ian… a guy at work has a Tom Tom and said it was postcodes he poked into the device. I was assuming that Garmin was similar. My only experience with Garmin is with OS GRs and Lat/Long from being a WAFI - either of those two methods are long winded and prone to error.
Its for the MMT http://www.motoguzziclub.co.uk/phpbbforum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=23372 in May - morning briefings and route planning should take a max of 10 mins otherwise it becomes a chore…

Luv the title.

I know how to do it with Google maps, but not sat-navs (works of Satan, spawn of Beelzebub, etcetera…

)

Always put postcodes into works Tom Tom…usually ask google on me fone …the distance to where I want to go…and with gps enabled it obliges me with the distance and begins navigation…

Ok i’ll go for the postcode route…

Had a play in the local Halfrauds - looks easy peasy. Both Garmin and TomTom have a simple alphanumeric style keyboard to input the location. What a mark up on them though for weatherproofing for motorcycle use!

Yeah…a bit like properties for equestrian use…!

Er…do you mean ‘stables’, or something to do with whips and grey sheds and the like?

50 sheds of grey… :laughing:…read it…overated imho…
no…any property in England that has a bit of ground is usually described as suitable for equestrian use and doubles its price
 !
Yer still can’t beat Lady Chatterleys Lover in my view…the best description of the female orgasm ever…and written by a homosexual man…
In the words of Mr Craig Doyle (Eve***t Winders)…be honest…you never expected that…did yer…MF !

No - but I did ask for it.

Jodhpurs - mmmmm…

Ha !..x

50 sheds of grey, is that an allotment?

Whatisface was gay, blimey.
To be honest I found my fathers copy which easily fell open to 3 parts when i was about 14. Never bothered reading the rest. Is it worth it. I’ve tried a couple of his books and didn’t get on.
D. H Lawrence, that’s the blighters name.
Anyway I did something even more shocking yesterday, I washed the lil’Breva. MOT in 19 days time.

I think DHL was er latent…he did marry if I remember rightly (a female) !
Yes…the books aren’t everybodies cup of tea…but there is an honesty and self awareness about his writing that appeals…blimey…I almost appeared educated then eh ! :laughing:

Curious to know what latent means.
According to the way the govmt collects stats I am gay as have never been registered as living with a women.
I also used to be a wargamer using toy soldiers which shrinks have said is also a sign.
I then went and joined the army, got slightly musclely with short hair and a 'tache.
Plus my trade in the army was nicknamed fairy.
I mean how much more blatent can it get, except I ain’t.
I suspect DHL was needed at the time but by the time i got round to trying him seriously I found him pretentious and boring.
C’est la vie.

S’funny how (some) threads develop.

Is this what they call thread drift then?

Nope - won’t catch me that way…

I cannot get this pm system to work.
if you pm me your email I will send it (this re a proposal for nonclub members to have unlimited accees).
Anybody else interested I will do the same.
Ian.