Griso 1100 buying tips

Considering a Griso 1100, and searching the forum it looks like they are fairly solid.

Did see a mention about “the cold start valve and starting problem”, which was mentioned as if the reader would Just Know what it is.

Would be very grateful if someone could enlighten me!

(I know about startus interruptus, which maybe covers some of what was being referred to…?)

Any other tips/advice welcome.

Thanks
Tim

Post I was referring to:

Hi Tim, I had a Griso 1100 and loved it. It was a really nice bike to ride out on the open road. Around town below 30 I was mainly in first gear. It needed a remap. It all went south when the small fuel pipe inside the tank between the fuel pump and filter split and lost pressure and stop running. Once diagnosed the pipe was replaced and it was back on the road, until the new pipe swelled and came off the filter leaving me stranded again. A stone cracked the plastic headlight lense,£170 to replace. I’ve seen a few bikes where the Speedo panel has fried and turned red and are around a grand to replace. I keep looking at them but so far resisted the temptation. I’d like another V11 sport though.

I wonder if the fuel pipe issue you had was ethanol related? I seek out Esso stations these days to buy ethanol-free fuel!

Expensive problems with clocks seem to be an issue on later big blocks. A grand, if you can get them. And if you remove the block connector you’d better have the PIN or the clocks will “lock” if connected without it :frowning:

I also like the V11 Sport a lot, though they seem harder to find. It would probably be my first choice if I could find a good one.