Group ride 17th February2024 @ 11am

Hi guys,
I’ve been tasked with organising the February ride out. I’ve chosen what I believe to be an interesting route that takes us past a number of villages and through a couple of small towns. The start point will be Peterborough services A1M at 11am for briefing and set off at 11.20am. I will put up a map with the route clearly marked. Flag 6 is a 1/2 hour coffee stop at Caxton Gibbet Services. Plus fuel if required. The final destination will be the Mulberry Tree Hampton where we can enjoy a chat over a coffee/Beer. Let’s hope the weather’s on our side.

1 Like

I’m in :+1:

1 Like

My neck of the woods, so no excuse for not participating (except bad weather!!!). V85 Al

1 Like

The general weather was looking dull and a lot of cloud but it was dry, so nine year old grandson on pillion we set off for the rendezvous at Peterborough Services for 11 am. He had been ready since nine in the morning!

On arrival at the RVP, met up with Alistair and then we waited. A number of motorists were spotted admiring the two Guzzi models which I must admit did put a smile on my face. A few bikes were spotted heading west and bypassing the service area, so clearly they were not joining our group. As we neared the departure time, it became clear that this was going to be a two machine ride. Somewhat disappointing but hey oh that’s life and so the two and half of us set off on the organised route.

We headed West on the A605 towards Oundle and beyond to the A14 junction from where we continued through to Raunds, Kimbolton and on to St Neot’s. Through all of those high streets the machines acquired approving glances from many shoppers. Imagine the reaction if there had been a larger group of Guzzisti. Having cleared St Neot’s we headed East on the A428 for Caxton Gibbet services on the junction with the A1198. The stop-over was to collect any other Club member(s) who were joining the “duo”. A quick tour of the parking area confirmed that there wasn’t anyone else so we continued North on the A1198 towards Godmanchester and Huntingdon to pick up the A1 for Peterborough.

Refreshments at The Cuckoo in Alwalton closed a very nice ride in pleasant company even though there were only two motorcycles. Already looking forward to the next ride out.

I am so sorry. I should have remembered that there are people who (understandably) do not use FB.
I’ll try to remember this in future, as it seems that, in this branch, I seem to be the bridge between forum and FB. I’m not saying that in a whinging way btw, but for the moment, it would seem to be that way.