Hand Guards: '06 Breva 1100

Has anyone fitted Moto Guzzi’s handguards (Guzzi part ref. 883253 + 883254) to a Breva 1100 (or indeed to a Stelvio or Norge)?

From illustrations of the guards, they are simply plastic mouldings held in place via the bar end weights but there is an underside fixing hole on the inner end. Apart from the lever pivot, there seems to be nothing else in the area.

I fitted stelvio hand guards to my Breva 1100 when I had one. The kit comes with replacement bar end weights and fixings you have to move the throttle cables so that they dont obstruct the hand guards. The guards mount on the end of the handle bars and on the mirror mounts and work very well on the Big Brevas Regards keith

Just fitting a set of generis hand guards to the EV and am using the original bar end weights (better finish & fit) and Stainless steel cable clamps like these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250633814343?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649Look good and do a cracking job with A2 fastenersOthers may disagree of courseAll the bestSteve

Heck not difficult I retro fitted Stelvio hand guards to the V1000 had to make a few adjustments as the newer bikes use oblong brake cyl and old uns round ones and I had to buy long bar end weights as well as some very long stainless bolts HOWEVER I did find that rawl bolt spring loaded onef work far better than the org end weight plugs and they can be removed easily as the spring closes the rawl bolt. …