Heated clothing

Going over to St Helens for breakfast with some mates today, I had some time before leaving, so took the opportunity to fit the attachment for my heat Klan jacket. All fitted, no problem. I have had the Klan jacket for decade and it still returned a cosy ride down to St Helens and back. It is not a heat you are aware of. You just don’t feel cold. Top buy.

I ve had a pair of Klan electric gloves for years , but found them to be barely adequate in really cold weather .
Last year i fitted a pair of Barkbuster hand guards to divert the airstream around my hands , thereby reducing
the wind chill factor . This made a significant improvement .

1 Like

I know what you mean about the gloves. They don’t keep you hands cosy, but I have never experienced that bitter sharp pain on the finger tips. Hands just get cold.

Hi,
Has anyone any experience of Keis or Gerbing heated clothing? Just wondered which is the best to get. I like the long sleeve Gerbing but Keis only do a long sleeve “jacket/fleece’.
Steve.

Klan is fine in my experience.

I have for many many years used warmnsafe heated gear. its never let me down and I’ve used travelling across several continents, my jacket has probably had over 50,000 miles of use. Buy once and never replaced. It also uses a system of pulsing to heat the clothing so uses half the power to your usual jackets gloves etc.

Warm&safe seem to be getting a good write up. I’m looking at the liner as I’ve got a gortex jacket and trousers. Just waiting for the cold weather lol
Steve.

I have a Gerbing blouson style jacket even the collar is heated. Great piece of kit, you just need to remove the winter lining of the bike jacket.
I can wear the blouson seperate at rallies, safes me walking around in a bike jacket.
I have the old regulator though, a bit fiddly, but I understand the new ones are better

Uki

I have poor circulation and suffer from cold feet especially. Good boots and thick socks do not quite do the job. What has worked brilliantly are heated insoles as worn by skiers etc - see https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017EYN7PO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

For about £1 a go, my feet are kept warm all day. The insoles do not compromise walking and once fitted can be forgotten. If you have the same problem as me, this may be a solution worth trying without investing anything rather more expensive and possibly only effective while connected to a bike battery.

Brian

+1 for Gerbings, good gear but not cheap.