Heated grips toV7 850

May I please ask for some advice.
I am new to Moto Guzzi, having purchased a new V7 850 special last autumn, ( thank you Gary Fenton at Via Moto in Sheffield, great purchasing experience).
I am looking to purchase some Oxford Hotgrips Pro heated handlebar grips for my bike, and wondered if any members have had any experience/problems in fitting them.
Thanks, Ian Hall

Welcome to the forum. Hopefully you will get the guidance you need.There have been a few posts already on this very subject, so if you use the search to look for “Oxford Grips” you might find at least some of the answers you seek. Hope this helps!

Thanks for that Barry, I’ll take a look.

1 Like

Someone add Jed a question about heated grips on the V7/V9 forum. I’d post a link but I don’t know how to :woozy_face:.

My 850 Special had Daytona grips on when I bought it. Very effective :+1:

Cheers Steve,
May I ask if they are wired into the bikes electrical system, or directly to the battery?
Cheers Ian

Hi Ian,

I’m uncertain as they were already fitted when I bought the bike last year. I’m a complete numpty with electrics but if there’s something obvious to look for let me know and I’ll have a shufty :+1:

Cheers,
Steve

The easy way to tell is if there are two separate leads connected to the battery, with a fuse capsule on the positive lead, it is a direct connection to the battery.
That would be great Steve, thanks for your help.
Ian

I have the Oxford Pro touring fitted to my V7 850 stone.
Wired direct to the battery.

Fitting
You need to trim the end of the grip, there are rings and you’ll see how much to trim when you dry fit before gluing.
The bar ends are held in with a simple Allen bolt and screw back in as easily as they come out. A dab of standard thread lock is useful.
You need a stanley knife and some fine paper to take the ridges off the throttle grip, best done where the microplastic dust won’t contaminate a watercourse.
If you screw it up the replacement throttle grip to have another go is less than ÂŁ20 delivered Google for (GU32603310).
The wires will tuck away under the tank which can just be lifted over to the left and held by a friend while you zip tie to the existing loom running down the right of the frame.

Hi Ian, just had a peek at the grips. They appear to be wired into the bike’s system. The only thing coming off the battery directly is the wire for my satnav - and that only seems to power the unit up sometimes …,

The Daytonas are very discreet and very effective. I think they were spec’d from new by the first owner.

Thanks for taking a look Steve, very much appreciated. I think I’ll go with the Oxford Pro system as it is direct connection to the battery.
Go steady, Ian

1 Like

Thanks for the response Ramsaye, extremely helpful. I’ll go with that, all looks straight forward enough.
Cheers Ian