Heated grips.

Iv’e got heated grips on the Norge which at best are useless even on the hottest setting I can barely feel the heat. People I have spoken to who have Oxford grips say that they are really good and that they rarely use the hottest setting.To all you electricery guys, would you think that just replaceing the grips for Oxford ones and running it through the guzzi thermostat heat control would work.

It will certainly work but I don’t know how hot they would get. You would also have to arrange a connector to graft the two systems together.
I know others have done this.

Its only 2 wires to swop,easy thing to do

I run a set of Dr bike grips (cheap version of Oxford Grips) through the Guzzi control. Only on the coldest of days do I run them at the top setting, and then only for a short period of time.

Are the original grips faulty or is it the feed/return? if it’s the latter then new grips will have the same performance problem.
All the best,
Steve

^ That’s what I first thought of too

I know very close to nothing about electricity -got a pair of Gerbing gloves, pricey but whole hand is warm, not just the palm. For a while I ran Oxford’s velcro wraparound grips, which were so warm I had to occasionally switch them off then back on. I still needed brush guards to deflect cold from the back of my hands, & it wasn’t that satisfactory.

Are heated grips any good on a naked bike, I have a Cali and suffer from cold hands when the weather is chilly, I’ve heard some say heated grips are no good on naked bikes and was wondering if anyone on here has them fitted to a Cali and what’s their opinion of them?
John.

In addition to heated grips you can retro fit the plastic hand guards I fitted some from a Stelvio to the V1000, on the older bike i did have to fit long bar end weights and warm them to fit, as the V1000 has a round master brake cyl on the right hand grip I needed to make a cut along the plastic as it was made for an oblong master cyl BUT I can ride in cold weather in Summer gloves they also keep the rain off the hands too…much welcome this “Summer”

Heated gloves are the best once you’re going. As a courier I fell out with them getting on and off the bike to often, pluging them in, run cables and generally getting in the way in favour of grips. Changing bikes regularly, grips became an expensive to, so I favoured a quality soft grip, a collection of gloves for the season/time of day and a wrap round heated grip. Yes I know they feel like having a vánc in a football sock, but by the time you have winter gloves on . . . .

Have fitted the Symtek and not used them in anger yet but wired them into the headlight supply to prevent leaving them on. Testing them next week as the nights draw in. A run to Leuchars airshow will prove whether they are up to the job or not. I now have a variety of gloves for different temps and weather conditions (pal emigrating to NZ and dumped excess gear to me) so will experiment and update. No issues with wiring or fitting - pretty easy really.