Here's an odd one - clutch - LM5

An update from Mr Baldrick. He can’t get the clutch slave off and the clutch is jammed in a disengaged position. Looks like the gear box is going to have come off/out.Its not going to be cheap but if anyone can get it sorted its Baldrick!!Fingers crossed he doesn’t find anything horrible as he goes.Cheers

thanks for the update. and best of luck.

Yes, good luck. It is a bloody annoying situation to be in after a zero mph drop.

What I thought (well the bit about the clutch being permanently disengaged), but can’t think of anything inside the gearbox which would cause that.Still, Baldrick has far more experience than me.
Brian UK2013-11-19 08:38:08

What’s the chances this was a fault waiting to happen, then the unusual whack of gravity was the last straw?
Best of fortunes with it, brighton,
brilliant Forum what an amazing place

Phil

This is a special he says, who knows what’s inside! I’m now wondering if the clutch is a non-standard special item and the jolt has actually broken it …

Also a possibility that the whack jammed the clutch slave cylinder, and until he can get it off …But no point in guessing. When he has found out, we will all know.

Yeh but people love guessing…even when it is waaaayyyy off target…

His elastic band’s snapped …