How much difference does the low seat make?

Hi All

had a test ride of a V85TT last week. Lovely bike, but its definitely on the uncomfortable side of tall for me. But I am waiting to get another test ride with the lower seat fitted. Has anyone got the lower seat fitted and how much difference does it make?

Hi Gwen,

Peter has one with the normal seat. He says the low seat is 20mm lower.
But he heard in the V85TT FB group that a guy in Spain has reshaped his seat (making it slimmer) and that has made a lot of difference.
Peter is thinking of doing this as well with his spare seat (he got a ‘comfort seat’ as normal, so can experiment with the standard one)

Cheers Uki

Thanks Uki. I am waiting on a test ride on a lower seat. Im hoping that will make a difference because with the normal seat when I was testing the bike there were a bit to many moments of panic just trying to keep the bike up right at stops. I do hope it works cos everything else was great about the bike.

I am six feet tall and still found planting my feet securely not a comfortable reach. I read that some folk had removed the rubber bungs under the seat. I tried this, but only the front four, and it has made a world of difference. There is a little bit of play which I will cure with some thin sticky pads.

Hi, By removing the front 4 rubber bungs, has it made the seat rub the paint off the side panels or frame etc? Cheers

Hi, did you try this and did you have to put anything between the seat and the frame etc.

Cheers

Jon

I tried it. I didn’t need to put anything between seat n frame, it made very little difference to ride height, but what it did do, was make it far less comfortable on the seat, so I put the rubber bungs back on, hope that helps you

Thank you for your feedback, most appreciated.