How to connect a USB cable (Breva 750)

Hi,

I would like to connect a USB charging port to a Breva 750 (2003 model) to charge a phone and for sat nav use.

I would be grateful if you could please advise on the follow:

1. Which USB charging kit to purchase/use?
  2. How to wire the kit ‘without’ connecting the cables directly to the battery. I would prefer to connect it such that the USB charger is only powered when the ignition is switched on.
  3. How to route the cable from the handle bar to the connection from where the power is drawn.

Thank you.

I have a breva the same year
however I installed a fused inline power socket under the seat on a bracket, that allows me to plug a USB 2 amp charging plug in and run a lead to the phone,
reason being anything left lying about on the handlebars gets wet, or gets fiddled with, my nephew used to plug his phone into it when he rode pillion
I have a relay in the right hand side panel that is connected to the battery via a fuse for the heated bars, and I use a switched feed from that, its triggered by the ignition circuit
I can send you a picture if you want
routing the cable to the bars is easy enough, either run it under the tank bag or along the side of the frame

Hi, thank you for replying to my message. It would be great if you could please send the installation photos. Thanks again.