I want to run my carbs on a straight run into the intake as per these photos…anyone know where such things exist please that don’t point the carbs inboard? Thanks
I imagine that the builder has engineered their own solution there. Have you tried tracking them down to ask?
Edit. Having said that, a search on “Moto Guzzi straight inlet manifolds” immediately produced results, inlcuding: hmb-moto.de
Yes, I found HMB Moto but they don’t have them for my size of my carb so was hoping something similar was available. If not, I guess I could potentially make my own out of mild steel.
I’ve seen a few engineering ‘proof of concept’ things carefully measured then 3D printed to ensure all fits correctly before fabrication in metal. Sometimes even using the 3D model to make a mould to cast aluminium, then fettle the casting to the relevant and required finish.
Seems a decent approach if you know someone with those abilities? Just a thought.
I machine my own on a Myford 7 lathe from aluminium bar.
Not difficult!
I’d love a Myford in our workshop, I began as a fitter/turner several decades ago on a Ward 2DB among other machines and my colleague is also a mechanical engineer, we’ve only been going a year, but hope to have a lathe, milling machine and a better pillar drill (among various other ‘wants’!) as time and cash permit
I think I am going to make a flange from 8mm steel plate and weld a short length of straight steel tube to it. I am not a fabricator but going to have a go at this.
Measure the length of the curved inlet and use the same measurement for the straight inlet. If you don’t, there’s a possibility that you could mess up the fueling.
8mm Steel Plate is a bit overkill for Carb Flanges.
I made some a while back for a Trike I was rebuilding (for a Friend).
6mm Alloy Plate cut to shape/size, then appropriately sized Alloy Tube pressed into the hole.
Tube was almost identical in inner and outer diameter to the Carb Stubs, I only had to turn it in the Lathe a little to match.
I then attached the Carbs to the Stubs (the Alloy Tubes) with Red Silicone Radiator Hose, with an appropriate inner diameter, and the correct length to let the Carb Stubs sit right up close to the Inlet Stubs.
It all looked pretty ‘Factory’ when done.


