Is it ethical to point out why a bike advertised here, was declined

That’s it really. Looked at two bikes here and decided against them

If the bikes advertised here were wrongly described let me know and I will talk to the owner.

Cheers Uki

2 Likes

Good shout, @Webofficer - for sure smth should be done or said if someone is being economical with the truth in ‘our’ forum, but otherwise, it’s a fact that not every bike is for every potential buyer - having said that, generally (and without necessarily pointing fingers) it might be a learning thing to hear what others looked for and spotted on a potential buy, and why they walked away. I’ve only ever bought two used bikes in my time (both Guzzis) and both times I ended up doing (having done!) a considerable amount of work, some of it contrary to ‘as described’ before I ended up with two good 'uns.

Expectations? You assume that any bike advertised here has to be good? But what is ‘good’? Everyone has different standards / levels of acceptability…

1. There is no law says you must buy just because it’s advertised here…

Mike, I fail to see the relevance of your second comment.
The first bike I looked at involved an eighty mile round trip. There was rust on the frame, where I wouldn’t expect to see rust. Owner said he used to live near the sea. Bolts were rusty, plastic chrome was speckled. Shaft drive was speckled with salt damage. It had broken down the week before I tested it. I told the owner that a fuel pipe had blown off inside the tank. It was repaired, but, same thing happened when I test drove it.
Second bike had the aftermarket silencer removed, even though it was advertised as sold with it.

Both 1100 Griso are still on sale here…

Griso 2007 Rusty

2006 Griso 1100 (2 valve) advertised with aftermarket silencer, terminogi( or however it’s spelt) but not on the bike when I viewed it.