Lack of tyre choice for a V7 850

Hi. I want to replace the original Dunlop tyres on my V7 850 with something better as the Dunlops aren’t great - they ‘tramline’ along white lines and grooves in the road far too easily. There doesn’t seem to be much choice out there for road/touring tyres - it seems that I can either find a front tyre but no matching rear or I can find a rear tyre but no matching front tyre. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a pair of road orientated tyres in the original sizes. (Alternatively, is it safe to change the width and/or aspect ratio?).
Thanks
Tony

Michelin Road Classic on mine as ome. 2500 miles so far and seem like good tyres. No tram lining just came back from 70 miles in the wet & not a wibbel wobble on the twisty’s and I don’t hang a boot!

Thanks Howo. I’ll take a look at those.
Regards
Tony

To be honest, I’m quite impressed with the original Dunlop’s on mine. Can’t say I’ve ever experienced tramlining on white lines or other surfaces? They give me a lot of confidence when leaned over, to the point I’ve scraped the ‘hero bobs’ on the footpegs a couple of times, something that I’ve never done before on other bikes!

Still, things like tyres are very subjective and there are so many factors that can affect how they feel to different people.

3 Likes