Le Mans 2 questions

Hello all
I have a couple of daft questions regarding tne Le Mans 2 i recently purchased

1. I have a breather hose coming out of the top of the gearbox which ends up in a squeeze bottle next to the battery, there is a thimble full of oil in it after 200 miles, i am guessing the squeezy bottle is not standard Guzzi and i cannot see in the Haynes manual what the standard set up is - any assistance would be appreciated as to where the hose is supposed to be routed.
  2. Is the seat supposed to be  prevented from lifting up more than about 4 inches at the front by the number plate hitting the tyre ?
    Thanks in advance

Hose goes to atmosphere…best not in line with tyre! My LM2 had a hinge at top of number plate to allow better access.

Thanks for your reply, mine isnt as bad as I feared then :smiley:

The earlier V7 Sport and 750S had a hinged rear mudguard to allow the seat to lift vertically and also to allow the rear wheel to be changed easily.Â

Hose is open-ended and just goes up to a hose clip alongside left of battery, it should remain dry at all times. If you think oil is coming out from here check that gearbox is not overfilled! The catch bottle should be completely unnecessary.

1. Is the seat supposed to be prevented from lifting up more than about 4 inches at the front by the number plate hitting the tyre ? Thanks in advance

Yes mine was the same. But, number plate backplate had springs on the upper fixing bolts (2 only) so that it could ‘bend’ and allow the seat to rise a bit more. Still wasn’t very satisfactory tho if I remember rightly. I now use a Spada seat & rear mudguard etc.