Le Mans Brake Discs

I’m glad you said that, I had a load of Brembo pads on my ebay watch list; thought they had to be the best option…

Seconded

The Brembo pads have an unerving tendency to part the friction material from the metal backing…you only want to experience that ONCE believe me, mind it STILL didn’t wear the disc…

Beware E-bay there are an awful lot of copies on there.

Get ferodo pads from a decent supplier buddy… they are abt £14 a set…

Your local Dealer
Corsa
Motomecca
Gutsibitsguzzibear2013-06-11 18:19:10

[QUOTE=guzzi-t5]

[QUOTE=Motivlack]I don’t know why guzzi brake discs or discs for any bike are so expensive!? I’ve just replaced the discs up front for my lemans at €150 each (€300) from Stein dinse in Germany. The rear is a whopping €160 so I wont be replacing that for a while!! I’ll just paint its centre and clean it up. After saying that they are smart looking and made from stainless. The carrier is an extra €105 for each disc if you aint got that!!! Mine were fine.

[/QUOTE]did you remove the paint from the areas that the disk touches the carrier as any variation in paint thickness will cause the disk to run out[/QUOTE]

I know what you’re saying. This shouldn’t be a problem as I have an even coat of paint all the way round on the carrier. It will ‘push’ the disc out slightly but if so I will shim the brake caliper out the same amount so the disc sits bang on in the centre of the caliper. I’ve done this before on other bikes with good results.

I personally would scrape the paint off the mounting flange and when they are fitted paint in the exposed bits
if you read reports on fitting discs even copper slip behind the mounting flange can make run out of the disc
And the further outward towards the edge the run out is multiplied
something like 1 thou run out on mounting surface can easily multiply to 15-20 thou on the outer edge
Also i would prefer the two meatal surfaces are securly fixed together with the paint inbetween it can wear leaving the disc loose on the carrier
(my opinion only)
Also what are you fitting the disc to carrier with

have a look at this re fitting
http://www.blackshadow-uk.co.uk/Fitting.html

[QUOTE=Ex smokingbiker] I personally would scrape the paint off the mounting flange and when they are fitted paint in the exposed bits
 if you read reports on fitting discs even copper slip behind the mounting flange can make run out of the disc
And the further outward towards the edge the run out is multiplied
something like 1 thou run out on mounting surface can easily multiply to 15-20 thou on the outer edge
Also i would prefer the two meatal surfaces are securly fixed together with the paint inbetween it can wear leaving the disc loose on the carrier
(my opinion only)
Also what are you fitting the disc to carrier with
Â
have a look at this re fitting
http://www.blackshadow-uk.co.uk/Fitting.html
 [/QUOTE]

Damn …

I don’t think you should use HH pads on cast iron discs - they are made for stainless. I use Ferodo Platinum (FDB 148 or FDB 108) from Motorworks for my T3 and can recommend them.Normski2013-06-12 20:06:42

Hi achampion, in Classic Mechanics there is an advert for bespoke Brake discs form here… http://www.bikehps.com/isr/
Haven’t checked out the site yet,don’t know if it will help in your quest for new discs.

[QUOTE=Mike H]

“The Bible” (or one of 'em) sez min thickness 5.8mm, max run-out 0.2mm. Â

Hi

I’ve had my original discs skimmed and they are now thinner than 5.8mm

They seem to be working fine :wink:

Should I replace because they are less than 5.8mm ???

1 of my fronts is 4.8mm. Still works.

make them, in fact make a set for me!

it’s more of an insurance risk them being undersize!