Lonely here in Suffolk

Think Im right in saying there’s currently no MGCGB Branch in Suffolk and just wondering if there’s enough of us out here to think about getting one started?
I live near Southwold and have had a Lodola for a few years (currently being fettled for next years Motogiro) and also getting to grips with my new (to me) '75 850 T. Would be great to meet up with any other MG enthusiasts near by?

Best David

David

There were two branches in Suffolk the Mid-Suffolk branch that had roving meeting places, and the Suffolk branch on the coast in Lowestoft, unfortunately neither branch is still running.

I applaud your call to Suffolk enthusiasts and can give you support if needed. If you do find enough sinterest then please let me know if you would like to form an official MGCGB branch, there are a few boxes that need ticking to comply with the clubs rules including data protection, but nothing too onerous.

Please let me know if you would like any further information.

Best wishes
Chris Cumbers
MGCGB Branch Liaison Officer
branches@motoguzziclub.co.uk

1 Like

Hi David,

We have 45 members in Suffolk, so there are bound to be some interrested in meeting up.

Setting up a Branch isn’t much work and Chris and I are here to help you.
Please let us know if you want to give it a go, and we will get the ball rolling.

Cheers Uki

1 Like

Thanks Chris and Uki… I’m seriously thinking about giving it a shot but before I do, perhaps if you could just let me know how onerous it actually is?
I dont want to start something I cant fully commit to time wise.

Dont know if you want to discuss further via email?

Many thanks

Best David

David

The amount of time you commit to a branch is your choice. As a minimum you will have to advertise a venue, date and time for your meetings on here and in Gambalunga. Then just sit back and wait for members to turn up.

If you would like to be more proactive you can email members in your area and see if they would like to be on the branch mailing list, if they would you can set up a group email to let members know about meetings or ride outs. You can also organise trips to adjacent branches or places of interest. Most importantly you should take cake to branch meetings, that always brings them in!

You can also write branch reports for inclusion in Gambalunga or post stuff on here. You could also organise a local camp weekend but that took us here in Essex nearly ten years to get round to!

There is not a lot to it and to start I would say it would take you less than 1 hour/month. If you got involved with other things as noted above it could take more of your time, but by then you would have a group of likeminded local members to help take some of the load from you.

Hi David,

I have an email from someone who would be interested, I will email his details to you

Cheers Uki

Hi David, We are organising a club stand at the Copdock show in September - please come along and say Hi, and it could also provide a suitable venue for any of you Suffolk lot to meet up . . .

See you there, Andy.

Or failing that the Essex meeting in September (Sunday 18th September) is at Boxted Air Museum just south of the Suffolk border. You are welcome to come and join us. Or at this months meeting in Maldon on the 21st August at the Ducati dealership.

Hi David,
My name is Ray and I live in Felixstowe.
I am interested in a regional club if it can be arranged.
I know of another member in Woodbridge who would also be interested.
Ray.

Hey Ray… good to hear from you… great!.. yes Im thinking about starting one… Im absolutely up to my neck at work for the next couple of weeks hence my late response, but hopefully things will calm down towards the end of the month and I’ll get things started. Theres a lot of support and advice from other nearby clubs which is great…

Best David

Thanks for the invite Andy… thats very good of you. I have a commitment until mid afternoon… but might be able to come after that… be good to meet you!

Best David

Just seen comment about Suffolk
I have Stelvio and live in Ipswich
Happy to meet up

Hello Peter, welcome to the forum. The resurrection of the Suffolk branch is underway and more detail will be posted on here in due course.

In the meantime if you fancy a ride to Maldon (about 1 hour) to meet like minded folk, the Essex branch are meeting click here on Sunday 21st August.

Best wishes