Madello in August 2015

Dear All,

I’ve been into Guzzi’s for years but never done any touring or been abroad on one. I would like to go to Madello in the second or third week of August this year but really don’t want to tackle such a venture on my own. Are there any groups or individuals going down that way who I might be able to join?

I’m no racer on a bike but just want to enjoy taking it steady. Thoughts, recommendations and helpful tips welcomed.

Best,

martin

Going in school holidays could prove more costly.

Thanks, unfortunately I only have certain weeks I can take off.

Have a V11 sport and a V50 Monza amongst others. Based just west of London in the Reading areaÂ

M

Bear in mind that the Guzzi factory will be closed for the summer hols in August so if you are looking to visit check the website

Agree with Horton. Everything likely to be closed in August.

I did the trip last year on my own as part of my first ever Euro tour so can help with routes and other recommendations.

The museum is only open for an hour two each afternoon but is well worth a visit, but do check the website. I just checked and the museum is definitely closed all of August. Lake Como is lovely.

The first time we ever sat on a Guzzi was to head off from Yorkshire to Mandello and then up to Denmark.

Dont worry about doing it by yourself, you will meet other bikers on the way.

Museum and Book Shop opening time:Â
Monday to Friday 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m…
In the month of July: Open from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m…
The Museum will be closed 4, 5 and 6 of Aprili, from 2 to 31 August, the 8 of december and from the 20 of december to 6 of january.
Free admission - guided tour
Â