Max weight V85TT side stand

Hi Does anyone have any idea of the max weight that can be supported by the side stand on the V85TT? I use the foot peg to get on and off when I have luggage on which isn’t very often but I ain’t no lightweight these days.
Can’t find the info and emailed Guzzi CS and got the usual useless response :+1:

I’ve used mine to transport bags of coal (50kg) a few times a week and they stay strapped to the back when i stop and get off. side stand is still fine after 3 winters. that’s with me standing on peg to get off too, I’m about 80kg

Thanks for the reply, I’m 139 kg myself
So a bit heavier ( quite a bit ) :+1:

Hi, I’ve had a side stand break it’s mounting bracket in the past. Not a Guzzi and I never used it to mount the bike, just general wear and tear.

I’ve never seen a safe working load for a side stand and assume they’re designed to hold the weight of a fully laden bike and not much more.

With the greatest respect I wouldn’t be trusting it if I was your weight, once you’ve in mid air you’re never going to save the bike or yourself from damage should it snap.

I’d fit a centre stand if I were you. :+1:t2:

Hi
I have one and I was about to canvas opinion about mounting the bike whilst on the centre stand.
Does anyone do it ?
Cheers
:+1:

Yes I do it, much safer.
:+1:t2:

how do you put the bike on the centre stand while still on the saddle?

Works for getting on the bike but not for getting off I assume.