Meetings places for Essex Branch in 2024?

Ridgewell Airfield Commemorative Museum Home Page (rafcamuseum.co.uk)

Aircraft Museum | St Osyth Parish Council

What do you think?

Are there not any venues that are motorcycle orientated, we seem to be going to a lot of aircraft museums?

I suggested a few pubs in another thread here

We have yet to agree some meeting places for 2024. Any Ideas? We haven’t been to the south of the county for a while and there are still gaps on the map… :roll_eyes:

Please note that my suggestions are just that, suggestions. I await the Essex Branch committee’s decision on future meeting places.

Thanks Chris, but as we all know, there isn’t a committee - we’re simply not that formal. We’re just a bunch of happy go lucky haphazardly organised Guzzi folk who love to meet up and chat. There’s no boss or anyone remotely in charge, we’re a friendly happy bunch all happy to work together equally. I try to collate and capture all suggestions and comments so if anyone does have any good places to meet for next year please feel free to add any suggestions to the thread and I’ll come up with a provisional programme for us all to look at and agree. Love Evie

Hi Everyone, I’ve taken all the suggested meeting dates and venues and created a meeting schedule for next year. Mr B has very helpfully plotted them onto a map for us and it looks to be a good spread of venues. Can I ask that you all look at the proposal (very much open to suggestions/changes etc etc) and if we’re all agreed I’ll send them to the Editor of Gambalunga to publish, to Steve Freeman to note (he’s doing the Guzzi Club planning for next year) and post up here as confirmed and on facebook. If you can reply by next Friday 3rd November please that would be helpful, with love, Evie

21-Jan Kings Head, The Street, Pebmarsh CO9 2NH CO9 2NH
18-Feb The Viper, Mill Green Road, Mill Green, CM4 0PT CM4 0PT
17-Mar The Alma, School Road, Copford Green, CO6 1BZ CO6 1BZ
21-Apr The Green Man, Kelveden Road, Green Man Ln, Little Braxted, Witham CM8 3LB CM8 3LB
19-May The Black Swan, Common Rd, Roydon, Waltham Abbey EN9 2DF EN9 2DF
7-9 June Essex Camping Weekend, The Star at Steeple, The Street, Steeple, Southminster CM0 7LF CM0 7LF
23-Jun Franks Café and motorbike shop, Turkey Cock Ln, Colchester CO3 8ND CO3 8ND
21-Jul The Chequers Inn, The Square, 1 Church St, Goldhanger, Maldon CM9 8AS CM9 8AS
18-Aug The Dog and Partridge, Brentwood Rd, Orsett, Grays RM16 3HU RM16 3HU
Sept TBC Copdock Bike Show, Felixstowe Rd, Ipswich IP3 8UH IP3 8UH
15-Sep Wibblers Brewery, Taproom and Kitchen, Goldsands Rd, Southminster CM0 7JW CM0 7JW
20-Oct The Dog and Duck, 58 Lower St, Stansted Mountfitchet, Stansted CM24 8LR CM24 8LR
17-Nov TTT motorcycles, Unit 6, Bulmer Road Industrial Estate, Bulmer Rd, Sudbury CO10 7HJ CO10 7HJ
15-Dec Wings Café, North Weald Airfield, North Weald CM16 6HR CM16 6HR
Bank Holidays 29 March, 1 April, 6 May, 27 May, 26 August.
Fathers Day 16-Jun
Mothers Day 10-Mar

The venues mapped out using just a route planner, for info. The letters don’t mean anything specific, they are just the labels given by the planning tool xxx