MGCT fault Mandello

well that’s disappointing, Mandello threw up a fault today. ’ MGCT Disabled’ along with ABS and Engine Management light.
Everything seems to work ok, except the Traction Control I assume. Going into dealer on Monday for diagnosis, expect sensor issue. Cannot see any issue riding it unless anyone knows different. Cheers

Sorry to hear that. Keep us updated

UPDATE: Bike will not drive at all now. Engine management light on and will start and rev cleanly. But when you pull away it immediately bogs down and stalls. Not side stand as it goes into gear ok and no warning on dash for that. I can only assume connected to original fault. Dealer coming Monday to get it.
I am staying philosophical, but sold a faultless Ducati for it :grimacing:

1 Like

Sorry about this, not what we want to hear. :astonished:

Being a new bike and new design there will be teething troubles I guess, the v85tt had some problems at first but they seem mostly sorted out now it’s been around a few years.

Hoping your bike gets sorted fast so you get to enjoy the summer with it.

What about this, then?

Not me but someone off a facebook group. Apparently 5K on clock…

Just something else to look forward to?

Ffs, that’s a horror, not acceptable at all is it. Only thing I can say about that is anything now with a v100 should still be under warranty… :-/

Wow!, my question, what happened to the rest of it?

The can is suspended from the footrest hanger so it didn’t just fall off.

Apparently, when the weld failed, the rider just stopped, removed the end can, put it in his pannier and continued on his way.

I am convinced that this failure mode stems from the way that the cat box is suspended on that metallastic bush/bolt arrangement that allows it to move in a fore and aft plane while the end can is held by the bush on the footrest hanger.

There again, I could be wrong.

But as usual, this does not appear to be an isolated case.

UPDATE: Bike is now running good as ever. Front wheel speed sensor failed, bike would not drive because the front and back wheel lost communication. Thanks too Robinsons Foundry in Canterbury who robbed one from another bike to get me going again.

3 Likes

“Being a new bike and new design there will be teething troubles”. I don’t agree at all with this. The odd issue with the odd bike, although not acceptabe, could possibly happen. Get a grip Moto Guzzi.

Unfortunately it’s common to all manufacturers to some degree not just Moto Guzzi, even Japanese bikes.

E.g. https://www.arfc.org/motorcycles/