monza not running

Hi
My monza was fouling up the left hand plug so after fitting a new plug and that didnt cure the problem i replaced the points and the bike started up o/k but after a short run it was still foulng the plug.I decided to swap the coils from my v50 and the coils from the monza worked fine on the v50 but the monza would only run on the right side and now it wont run at all.I have checked the carbs and they seem o/k and .the compression on both pots is good so i am at a loss to know what the problem is.Hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Cheers

could be a faulty condenser did you change them when you did the points

There are some dodgy copy NGK plugs about, try going back to the original ones with a good scrub over with a wire brush and check of the gaps.
Ditto condensors, some dodgy ones going around.

Hi
I didnt change the condensers so i will replace them with some new ones and hopefully that will solve the problem.Thanks lads for your input i will let you know how i get on.
Cheers

The problem is new ones can be poorly made, but by all means try it

Hi
The Monza is know up and running the plug leads were on the wrong pots and the bike fired up straight away and sounded good once that was rectified.I have given the bike a run and it is performing well but is still sooting up on the left plug so i am going try some other idling jets to cure the problem.
Cheers

Look at the choke plungers and seals, either the choke piston not closing (corrosion) or its seal (in the bottom) is indented so leaking, these choke plungers are best replaced when they get old.

Hi Mike
I have replaced the plungers but i will check the bottom seals as you suggest.
Cheers.

If they’re new then the seals will be too, however might not be closing properly?