Moto Guzzi Norge.

Hi Folks.

I’m going round in circles trying to resolve a starting issue on my 2006 Norge.

The other day when I went to start my bike, I hit the starter button, nothing happened not even a click sound, but the engine warning light came on as did the service caption on the screen.

I did all the usual checks, battery spot on, all the solenoids also ok, removed the starter, its was not jammed or stuck and tested OK. put it all back together and hit the started button same as before no click sound, and the engine warning light came on as did the service caption on the screen.

I then disconnected the starter solenoid starter cable, added a cable so I could fire the starter motor with out using the starter button Started first time no engine warring lights. I connected the starter solenoid starter cable back up and back to no click sound, and the engine warning light came on as did the service caption on the screen.

I connected a OBD and used the Moto Guzzi diagnostic tool, showed 3 codes.

P0130 Lambda sensor (left): to high

P0201 Injector left :to high

P0170 Starter switch ELECTRICAL ERRORS: to high

Has anyone dealt with anything similar?

maybe worth checking the starter relay (the small square ones) with the diode in it - when it fills with water and rusts it gives a similar problem.

I am making an assumption that you are likely to have a set of relays :slight_smile: in your bike.

Yes, but on a newer v7.

I had a lambda replaced under warranty, then got another lambda code, an injector code and something else.

I flooded the right hand switch gear with contact cleaner to the point where it ran out the bottom onto a rag. Repeated the process and all the codes vanished.

On my todo list is remove and grease but I’ll wait until the can contact cleaner is empty first.

Your faults may be something different but there seems little harm in trying.

Stupid answer but here we go.

Side stand up?

i had a lot of trouble with the Stelvio. It would start but when I stopped it would not re-start. I put it down to the electronics being to weak to get across an earthin g issue. The solution was to take out the earthing bolt into the main casting by the starter and copper slip it. I’ve had no problems since. Friend also had the same problems with his Breva.
Hope this helps
Dave Russell